|Judging from the current state of this page, there is no available image on the Overlord Fandom as of yet to help emphasize its appearance. Since it is lacking visuals, this article requires an image for the first time, the kind which should be high quality and distinguishable. Unknown Intruder, you could go out of your way to assist the Overlord Wiki by adding an image that came from any Overlord adaptation to it. It cannot be a fan-art or fan-made. You must upload the official ones visually drawn by the main producers of the light novel, manga and anime adaptations.|
Wild Magic (
Six hundred years ago, prior to Tier Magic, Wild Magic was looked upon as the dominant magical art in the New World. The masters of Wild Magic, in particular, were the True Dragon Lords. The most powerful Dragons, the True Dragon Lords, made the secret treasures of dragonkind, possibly through using Wild Magic. No one but the True Dragon Lords knew the primordial magic, the secrets of the New World.
However, Wild Magic fell into disuse when the players from YGGDRASIL introduced the more effective and efficient power known as Tier Magic. The decline of Wild Magic became even more apparent after the Eight Greed Kings defeated the True Dragon Lords. In the end, Wild Magic was lost and the New World was defiled with the Tier Magic the Eight Greed Kings had spread.
And because of the genocidal slaughter of most of the Dragon Lords by the Eight Greed Kings five hundred years prior, there are now only a few known users of Wild Magic left. The remaining Wild Magic users are the surviving Dragon Lords who did not participate in the war against the Eight Greed Kings and their descendants like Draudillon Oriculus. At some point in time, it seems apparent that the extremely rare users of Wild Magic are still being sought out by the likes of Fluder Paradyne and the Slane Theocracy.
According to the author Maruyama, five centuries ago, the New World’s original laws of the Wild Magic system were greatly warped by players and Tier Magic. As a result, dragons who were being born or spawn in this world are now acquiring Tier Magic after the era of the Eight Greed Kings came to an end. Wild Magic, the proof of power which served as a way to distinguish a True Dragon Lord from a false one who is unable to use it.
Additionally, dragons using this exotic form of ancient magic are awarded the title of Lord; hence the reason behind why they are called a Dragon Lord.
Wild Magic differs from Tier Magic, as instead of mana, it requires the caster to release souls in order for one to perform the casting of a powerful spell. In other words, Wild Magic was different from modern magic because it was powered by souls, rather than needing mana to cast. Although the cost of spellcasting via Wild Magic is grisly, the results speak for themselves. The more beings or souls offered up as living sacrifices, the stronger the magic when released. However, using Wild Magic can also end up destroying the link to the user's own soul, as well as making the casting of stronger magic a risky gamble in and of itself. Although it is a magic with many mysteries, it seems that one can confirm that the phenomenon consumes physical strength (HP) instead of magic power (MP) when in use by observing via using [Life Essence].
On the other hand, if the casting of Wild Magic is used on specific players who are in possession of a World Item respectively, it will not in any way affect the holders whatsoever. Not only that but for players without ownership over a World Item of their own, practitioners of Wild Magic should be able to affect them unless they have world protection. Likewise, wielding the power of Wild Magic meant its practitioners are also safely immune from the effects of World Items or other users of Wild Magic. Based on Elder Coffin Dragon Lord's Character Sheet, it is suggested that Dragon Lords such as Elder Coffin Dragon Lord need to have levels in a specific job class or more to use this primal magic.
With the exception of True Dragon Lords, to gain access to Wild Magic, one must either possess the blood of a Dragon Lord or be born with an innate Talent that can let potential individuals use it. Still, even if a person does possess such heritage, the weaker the descendants are, the greater the amount of sacrifices of lives required to perform Wild Magic with estimates upwards of millions of souls. As a result, a descendant such as Draudillon Oriculus had difficulty utilizing it properly. According to Draudillon Oriculus's grandfather, with the power of Wild Magic, one could create an explosion that could closely rival the Platinum Dragon Lord’s ultimate attack.
Fortunately, the pure-blooded, True Dragon Lords can cast Wild Magic with ease compared to those who were hybrids with partial dragon blood. Nevertheless, due to the intrusion of YGGDRASIL players and their magic influencing the New World, it has somehow caused the True Dragon Lord's ability to use Wild Magic difficult. According to Platinum Dragon Lord's words, now, with the powers of Wild Magic tainted and twisted, it would be very difficult to create items like Climb's ring ever again.
As they were specially made from Wild Magic, it cannot be a measure under the same regulations as YGGDRASIL items. Therefore, Wild Magic items weren't assigned YGGDRASIL numerical values which are used to categorize the strength or ranking between those magic items. While so, it was believed by Fluder that the Dragon Lords' ancient magic could possibly resurrect the dead back to life without incurring the loss of life force compared to Tier Magic that does.
Users of Wild Magic
- Brightness Dragon Lord
- Dark Scale Dragon Lord
- Deep Darkness Dragon Lord
- Dragon Emperor
- Elder Coffin Dragon Lord
- Heavenly Dragon Lord
- Platinum Dragon Lord
- Swordmaster Dragon Lord
- Although the most powerful Wild Magic cannot do any harm to the World Item holder, the less powerful spells can still somehow affect their outside surroundings.
- An example of Wild Magic's power to forge magic items would be Gazef's ring.
- According to Maruyama, magic items created from Wild Magic like Gazef's ring, which is now in the hands of Climb, could allow a warrior's level to rise. However, if someone such as Cocytus had it, he would go over level 100.
- According to Ainz, Fluder stated that Gazef's sword was likely spontaneously created by the natural absorption of mana, or perhaps through the magic of the dragons, implying that he does know about the existence of Wild Magic.
- Apart from Tier Magic, the existence of resurrection magic was a miracle that could only be performed by legendary Lizardmen who bore the bloodline of the Dragon Lords.
- Apparently, it seems that most if not all users of Wild Magic were mainly Dragon Lords or their descendants.
- Death Spiral was an incorrect theory to create a ritual spell that wouldn't work, based on the Zurrernorn's incorrect observations of a Wild Magic spell (without knowing it was Wild Magic or that it involved souls).
- Unlike Wild Magic that uses souls to cast its spell or Super-Tier Magic, Iä Shub-Niggurath that instantly kills off people while having the chance to call forth its summoned monster, the Death Spiral is like a mere domino effect that occurs due to a chain reaction of multiple deaths within one confined location which lead to a massive amount of negative energy to be mobilized.