Shooting Star (
Shooting Star is a special rare item as it cannot be obtained through normal means such as questing in YGGDRASIL. It is a Gachapon item, a lottery item that gives out limited-time rare items for players to obtain.
Shooting Star appears as a simple ring that has no kinds of decorations whatsoever. Engraved upon it are three shooting stars that emitted a silver light.
In YGGDRASIL this super rare item, enabled the use of the super-tier spell [Wish Upon a Star] three times. The super-tier spell imbued within the ring, [Wish Upon A Star], was one which consumed a percentage of one’s experience points to randomly generate an option for a wish. The number of possible wishes that appeared would be proportional to the amount of consumed experience. This meant that activating the ring/spell in exchange for ten percent of your total experience points would present a single choice, whereas consuming fifty percent would give five possible choices.
There were quite a few wishes to choose from. According to a strategy website’s statistics, there were allegedly over two hundred of them. Additionally, there were some wishes which appeared more easily, and wishes which did not appear so easily, therefore it was horrifying magic where any carelessness could make the user waste a lot of experience. Also, magic casters who wanted to learn this super-tier magic had to reach level 95 first. Even in YGGDRASIL where it was easy to level up, reaching this level would still require a considerable amount of experience, therefore people hesitated whether or not to gamble their experience points on such a spell.
The wishes one could make when casting [Wish Upon A Star] from the ring were randomly generated, much like the original spell. However, through this ring, one was more likely to get useful selections and fewer joke selections. From a certain point of view, one might say this ring was a better version of the original super-tier spell which is learned. For instance, by sacrificing five levels that amount to 500% of the user's experience points, one could grant even greater wishes. Also, the maximum amount of wishes which would appear was ten which the user can pick from, and the magic had no casting time, therefore it truly was the most powerful cash item.
In other words, when the user makes a wish, a smaller wish that consumes less levels or experience points were more likely to come true than a bigger one that requires more. However, if the wish failed, the experience would be burned and that would be the end of it.
During the Shalltear incident, Ainz discovered that some of the ring's effects had changed with the transfer to the New World. It was now a spell that would grant its caster’s wishes. It would still expend XP, but Wish Upon A Star was now a spell that could make the impossible possible. By sacrificing five levels five hundred percent of his XP bar one could one could make even greater wishes come true.
- This was the gacha item that Ainz gambled his entire year end bonus away just to obtain this item.
- Yamaiko easily obtained it from the gacha machine, without much effort compared to Momonga as she got it on her first try.
- It is actually the most powerful of all the rings in Momonga's possession.
- Out of all the members of Ainz Ooal Gown, only two possess this item: Momonga and Yamaiko.
- Since this ring is only a divine class item, it is incapable of countering the effects of a World Item.
- Before the transfer to the New World, there were over 200 possible wishes.
- According to Ainz, decreasing the amount of time required to learn an ability was said to be the province of the super-tier spell, Wish Upon A Star.
- After being transported into the New World, Ainz immediately realized and theorized that the abilities, powers and possibilities that can be accomplished by Shooting Star's, Wish Upon A Star has been greatly magnified and broadened.
- One of these possibilities was stated during the Shalltear incident, where Ainz realized that it was possible to steal Nfirea Bareare's Talent. This implies that it may be possible to steal other Talents with, Wish Upon A Star.
- Later upon further thought into the matter, Ainz realized that now that he was no longer in YGGDRASIL and his powers and spells no longer limited, he could now utilize, Wish Upon A Star to even circumvent some of the major limitations and iron clad rules to the game's magic systems.