Sage is the generic term used to refer to those possessing vast knowledge in the Overlord series. Besides being a job class name for some, individuals not belonging to the class can still be classified as one to some degree by having knowledge on different areas pertaining to them.
Sage is classified as a magic-oriented job class for magic casters to have levels in.
According to Maruyama's tweet on March 15, 2018, Sage is said to be a production, buffing-type class.
- Brightness Dragon Lord (In Name Only)
- Minotaur Sage (In Name Only)
- Caspond Bessarez
- Elias Brandt Dale Raeven
- Zaryusu Shasha
- Keno Fasris Invern
Abilities and Powers
Sages tend to have some degree of influence over their own nation politically with a wide array of ideas and practices they suggest on the forefront.
In YGGDRASIL, Sages are able to use what was known as lore skills.
- Before encountering Hamsuke for the first time, Ainz Ooal Gown mistakenly thought her title as Wise King of the Forest meant that the creature must have been a sage.
- Although Fluder Paradyne has no levels in this class, the Baharuth Empire still regarded him as "the great sage."
- The knowledge of a sage cannot rival that of a dragon's accumulated wisdom.
- During a meeting with Ainz Ooal Gown, Jircniv Rune Farlord El Nix considered consulting with dozens of his country's sages over what the proper course of action he should take when dealing with him.
- Although Death Knights are historically thought of as legendary undead creatures in the New World, they do not seem to be particularly well understood by sages.