Resurrection Wand is a magic artifact that can revive the dead.
Under normal circumstances, only faith-based magic casters could use items imbued with faith-based magic. However, this magic item is an exception to the faith-based system and can, therefore, be used.
The wand takes on the appearance of a glowing short stick of about thirty centimeters in length. While so, it emitted a sacred aura that appeared out of place in the hand of its user. In a way, it was an extremely beautiful item that seemed to be made out of ivory, with the front end coated in gold and the handle inscribed with runes.
This magic item allows the user to cast a 7th tier resurrection spell. It is able to revive a dead target back to life. On the other hand, it requires a dead person's corpse in order for the wand to be used for carrying out its ability to resurrect the target.
Even if the corpse is present, the condition of their body might complicate matters. Without an intact corpse, there is a chance that if the person is revived, it might instead become one of the Undead.
On the other hand, it is also possible for the target to actually reject the resurrection imposed by the user.
- It appears that Ainz Ooal Gown has quite a number of these wands at his disposal. He commented that he could have revived the slain villagers in Carne Village and still have wands to spare.
- Even if one were to use resurrection magic, it didn’t necessarily mean the dead would come back to life. The legends said that people who were happy with their lives would refuse resurrection.
- One of the Thirteen Heroes happens to decline being given resurrection after death.
- 5th tier resurrection spells do not seem to work on a corpse if another spell has enchanted some counter-effect on it.
- In YGGDRASIL, the penalty comes with the player's loss of five levels upon resurrection, but in the New World, another setback also deals with the person losing part of their life force after being revived.
- According to Maruyama, the Resurrection Wands are an item with a limited number of uses. The item itself will break after a certain number of uses.