Raymond Zarg Lauransan (レイモン・ザーグ・ローランサン) is the Cardinal of Earth and the overall commander of the Six Scriptures in the New World. He is also a member of the highest authority within the Slane Theocracy.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Raymond is a keen-eyed man and the youngest of his present company. He is still in his mid-40s, though his energy made that difficult to believe.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Raymond is a calm and reasonable individual. Even when faced with overwhelming odds with the appearance of the Sorcerer King and his powerful army, he stills holds great confidence in the Slane Theocracy, believing that the power of the Godkins would prevail against the new foe.
The realist in him, however, acknowledges that the chances of defeating the Sorcerer King and his army may be nigh impossible to begin with.
Background[edit | edit source]
Chronology[edit | edit source]
The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc[edit | edit source]
- Main article: The Ruler of Conspiracy
After cleaning the sacred room and offering thanks to the Six Great Gods, the council sat together on the round table for a meeting organized by Raymond Zarg Lauransan. They began sharing the latest details about the war that Ainz Ooal Gown of the Sorcerer Kingdom participated in.
|NOTICE: The following section and subsequent subsections are considered NON-CANON to the Overlord Light Novels.|
Mass for the Dead Arc[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Mass for the Dead Arc
Cardinal Raymond traveled to E-Rantel with Deputy Pontifex Maximus, Enhela Read Gahi to attend the second summit of the Tripartite Alliance. During the meeting he and his other representatives discussed on how to strengthen their alliance. In the face of the unprecedented changes in the world, the Cardinal discloses some sensitive information regarding centennial cycle where a new power has been historically known to appear in the world. However given their limited information he confessed that even the Theocracy were unsure if the Chaos Beasts were part of the cycle his nation studied. He watched as an observer when Emperor Jircniv Rune Farlord El Nix challenged the worthiness of the Re-Estize Kingdom. He allowed Enhela to act as referee for a mock battle between teh Kingdom and the Empire. The battle though was cut short as the delegates had to address an approaching horde of Chaos Beasts coming from the north. Raymond later returned to the Theocracy capital with Enhela and was present at a meeting with what were presumably members of the Six Cardinals. He and Raymond, gave their colleagues the news in E-Rantel and the discovery about the Chaos Beasts being lured by strong auras. The Cardinal then warned that the Alliance was being put to the test thanks to the Bloody Emperor leaning his military might on E-Rantel. Despite the danger, the Cardinals agreed to avoid instigating the situation further.
Cardinal Raymond was present at the camp where the Theocracy forces where stationed in E-Rantel. He was kept informed on all the movements of the other nations and also of his nation's trump card. After the protagonist save E-Rantel from the tyranny of Jaldabaoth, Cardinal Raymond was present at the fourth summit meeting with Enhela observing the Kingdom relinquishing management rights of the fortress city to the Sorcerer Kingdom. The cardinal spoke briefly with Prime Minister Albedo trying to gauge the heteromorph and her nation's intentions. When the Black Scripture were nearly defeated by a strange entity, he was in the innermost sanctum of the Theocracy in an emergency meeting to address the new enemy and loss of so many warriors. The cardinal wondered silently to himself if the entity the Scripture faced was connected to the attacked on E-Rantel.
Abilities and Powers[edit | edit source]
Raymond held the 3rd Seat of the Black Scripture, a position that speaks of his power in his prime.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Ginedine was the first to see that Raymond was hiding something, like what happened to Thousand Leagues Astrologer. He expected him to piece together everything eventually and provided the fate of the Black Scripture member.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Raymond was the first to assess the information concerning the Sorcerer King and was in turmoil. At the meeting he found himself not alone when they reviewed his findings.
- While Raymond was a member of the Black Scripture which is aligned with the God of Death, he rose to the position as Cardinal of Earth.
- Raymond makes his non-canonical appearance in Mass for the Dead as the only member of the Six Cardinals that make a visual appearance.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- (To Maximilian about 7th Seat's report): "I told you earlier, didn't I? This is just a description of what she claimed to have seen."
- (To Berenice): "If everyone here still believes the word of "Thousand Leagues Astrologer", then it is."
- (To the Cardinals concerning 7th Seat): "The Black Scripture knows of many monsters. While it is true she might not have the full picture of things, she -- Thousand Leagues Astrologer -- was in charge of providing intelligence support to her team. There is no way she could have been mistaken. In addition, we have verified sightings of Death Knights and Soul Eaters in the capital of the Sorcerer Kingdom -- the former city of E-Rantel."
- (To the Cardinals in regards to Ainz's army of undead): "It's impossible. I say this as a former 3rd Seat of the Black Scripture; anyone who expects us to face 500 of them must be an absolute madman. It would have been bad enough even if they were only present in equal numbers. No, if not for this, why would Thousand Leagues Astrologer have locked herself up in despair? However..."
- (To Yvon regarding the full report from 7th Seat): "Not really. Your hearts are strong enough to sprout hair. I was simply afraid that if I opened with this, none of you would believe it."
References[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Six Great Gods|
|Members of the Six Scriptures|