Powered Suit (パワードスーツ) is an Artifact class type of item from YGGDRASIL.
A type of full body armor used by Players in YGGDRASIL. The Powered Suit did not exist initially but was added in later on as an item for newly registered players to quickly level up. Additionally, other players, whose build was unsuited for combat, can use it to make up for their lack of fighting power. It was designed to look like a robotic suit due to the popularity of mecha fighting games during that period.
The magical armaments could be freely customized within the Powered Suit’s settings. Though a half of them were micro-transaction exclusives while the other half required grinding. In a way, those customization could be performed pretty much anywhere outside of combat. Nonetheless, there were still some restrictions place on them based on its weaknesses.
Although the Powered Suit might be useful to weaker players, it was considered as being completely useless to a stronger player. For that reason, let alone Divine grade gear, even Legendary grade equipment matching a player’s strengths could still outperform the Powered Suit.
List of Power Suits
Depending on the customization by a user, Powered Suits can have a variety of accessories, though they mostly resemble a robotic suit. It does have human finger-like appendages that could if the hand had not been transformed into a weapon itself hold weapons. There was an object that resembled a backpack on the back of the Powered Suit. It had six nozzles as a cosmetic effect, each ejecting white light that formed into a trail, like a shooting star.
Those who are not familiar with Powered Suits would probably assume that if those nozzles were destroyed, their opponent would lose their ability to fly and thus fall to the ground. Back in YGGDRASIL, it was correct to say that it would not lose its ability to fly once its nozzles have been destroyed, that was not a given. However, in the New World, there is no clear evidence whether a Powered Suit's flight ability can be lost after destroying its nozzles.
The main ability of Powered Suit is replacing all wearer's stats with the suit's own stats except HP and MP. This is similar to how doppelgängers' stats are changed through the transformation. This ability is particular useful to low-level players and players whose build focus on non-combat roles. For low-level players, the Powered Suit help reducing the gap in power between them and high-level players. For non-combat roles players, it means that they can instantly increase their fighting capability without need to sacrifice their class levels.
The main drawback of Powered Suit is that the HP and MP values of the wearer remained unaltered by the armor. This is not really a problem when fighting against weaker opponent. But it will become a huge disadvantage if the wearer faces an opponent who can break through the armor’s defenses.
Because it is classified as Full-Body Armour, the Powered Suit cannot be combined with other pieces of armor, though wearers will still be able to wear necklaces and other decorative equipment. Also, the magic stored in the armor could not have meta-magic applied to it. Nonetheless, those spells could still be enhanced through equipment.
The Powered Suit also grant wearers an ability to fly through the air at a greater speed than the spell [Fly]. It could maintain operations for over an hour underwater without any detriments and was essentially immune to almost all environmental damage. It could even apply and activate different kinds of offensive spells with its shoulders, torso and, depending on the type, even the wrists and feet.
The Powered Suit has a number of spells stored on it. The highest tier of spells that can be stored on the armor was tenth tier. The usage of stronger spells had more limitations than the weaker spells. For example, tenth-tier magics can be used only once per hour. Though the number of times a spell could be used recovered over time, it appeared to have a restriction by which the spell stored on it could not be swapped out for a duration even if it was only expended by a little.
- A Red Drop adventurer by the name of Azuth Aindra happens to have ownership over one of these power suits called Armor of Reinforcement.
- When this item was released in YGGDRASIL, mecha fighting games were popular back then, Ainz assumes that it must have also been an attempt to draw in players from that player-base as well.
- Ainz noted how the strongest Powered Suits could only have the offensive capabilities equivalent to level 80 characters.
- According to Ainz, a Floor Guardian shouldn't have an issue fighting it at all. The threat it posed was to weak NPCs like the Pleiades, who weren’t that strong. If they crossed paths with the suit, Ainz would want them to be the ones who should retreat.
- As a magic caster, Ainz described in the past that when he equipped a Powered Suit, he could barely cast his spells with it than without it.
- Ainz revealed that there are between two to three or at least a few sets of Powered Suits within the Treasury in the Great Tomb of Nazarick. One was also given to Cocytus to assist in training the lizardmen.