|Judging from the current state of this page, there is no available image on the Overlord Fandom as of yet to help emphasize its appearance. Since it is lacking visuals, this article requires an image for the first time, the kind which should be high quality and distinguishable. Unknown Intruder, you could go out of your way to assist the Overlord Wiki by adding an image that came from any Overlord adaptation to it. It cannot be a fan-art or fan-made. You must upload the official ones visually drawn by the main producers of the light novel, manga and anime adaptations.|
Pontifex Maximus (最高神官) is the head of state of the Slane Theocracy.
At some point the current Pontifex Maximus was originally a member of one of the Six Scriptures. It can be assumed that he managed to rise to the rank of a Cardinal since only a member of the Six Cardinals can rise to the position of Pontifex Maximus.
The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc
- Main article: The Ruler of Conspiracy
The Pontifex Maximus presided over the meeting for the highest members of the Slane Theocracy.
Abilities and Powers
The Pontifex Maximus is the highest authority within the Slane Theocracy.
- Aside from the Cardinal whose sect the current Pontifex Maximus originally belonged to, the remaining Cardinals are each potential successors.
- The Pontifec Maximus exists in the Web Novel, though the author at the time kept his identity secret and referred him as the pontiff.
- In Mass for the Dead, the Pontifex Maximus has a deputy, named Enhela Read Gahi, who acts in his place as the representative of the Slane Theocracy for the Tripartite Alliance.
- (On Ainz): "I heard that the Sorcerer King used a powerful spell. As such, the Royal Army routed. Because of that, they abided by the requests made before the battle and ceded E-Rantel to the Sorcerer Kingdom for the founding of a nation. That’s all."
|Six Great Gods|
|Deputy Pontifex Maximus|
|Members of the Six Scriptures|