Abilities and Powers[edit | edit source]
Although in his base form, overall states of Pandora's Actor are noticeably lower than other level 100 NPCs, he is still one of the most capable servants under command of Ainz Ooal Gown. According to the Overlord, Pandora’s Actor possesses very flexible abilities, to the point where he can replace all the other Guardians in the Great Tomb of Nazarick.
Pandora's Actor's main ability is the transformation. As a higher-tier Doppelgänger, he has the ability to transform into YGGDRASIL characters or New World denizens. When Pandora's Actor transforms into the target, his stats will be replaced by the target own stats with the exception of his HP, MP, and special ability. Aside from physical appearance, His transformation also grants him an access to the target's skills and abilities. Thanks to this power, Pandora's Actor can adjust his power and skill set according the situation and opponents he face. His power is also very useful to fulfill his creator's several miscellaneous orders. For instance, transforming into Nearata, who has a merchant class, and using his special abilities to appraise items.
With his transformation, Pandora's Actor obviously can disguise himself and his own presence as a player or even the creator of an NPC to some degree. Such a disguise is able to deceive an NPC such as Sebas while in the form of Pandora Actor's creator, Momonga. However, his disguises do not seem to work on NPCs when he tries to take the form of their own creator, such as when Albedo saw through Pandora's Actor's ruse when he attempted to deceive her in the guise of her creator, Tabula Smaragdina, after only a few moment's confusion. Even though he perfectly copied Tabula's appearance and even his aura, Albedo claimed that she would always recognize her own creator. Whether this is due to her close relationship with Tabula, or because NPCs have an innate ability to detect their creator, is unclear.
Pandora's Actor's transformation has some limits.
- He can only mimic up to 45 different forms (the forms of 41 guild members of Ainz Ooal Gown. and unknown 4 forms). Even so, if it is simply mimicking physical appearance, Pandora's Actor can still transform into anything as long as the target is a living thing.
- When Pandora's Actor mimics a person's form, he will receive penalties in all attributes and can use all of their abilities and skills only up to 80% of their original's potency. While the transformation of Pandora's Actor is weaker than the original, the shape-shifter's summons will not be any weaker.
- His set of magics and abilities also change following the transformation. According to the author Maruyama, by transforming from one spell caster to another, the type of magic he can use will switch completely around as well. For example, If it is a magic caster he takes the shape, Pandora's Actor can only access and use their set of three hundred tier spells exclusive to that one form.
- He is unable to gain access to the target's Super-Tier Magic or spells. However, Maruyama did not entirely rule out the possibility that he can as long as he is in possession of a certain item with him that allows him to perform Super-Tier Magic.
As a Area Guardian of the Treasury as well as Financial Manager of Nazarick, the duty of Pandora's actor includes sorting out all kinds of countless magic items or data crystals kept in Nazarick's Treasury. He is also tasked with making preparation for the currency needed to activate the Great Tomb of Nazarick’s defense network. Particularly, the defense network happens to be the Great Tomb of Nazarick's sixteen defensive barriers system, which is managed by Pandora's Actor. He can activate defensive traps as countermeasures in case of enemy attacks from outside who have managed to successfully breach the first of the tomb's barriers with 8th Tier Magic or higher. In order to protect Nazarick against external threats who cast divination magic of that level on the tomb, the utilization of traps are done under the form of counterattack magics, which are used to target at them. The various kinds of magic traps that Pandora's Actor can activate are based on the cost of gold used for it. The level of the activated trap being used on the enemies equates to a predetermined amount of YGGDRASIL gold coins that will vanish.
Despite his eccentric behaviors, Pandora's Actor is one of the smartest individuals within Nazarick. Albedo, the overseer of guardians, considers him to be equal to her and Demiurge in terms of intelligence. There was even a rumor floating around in Nazarick that the strength of Pandora's Actor is supposedly on the same level as the rest of the Floor Guardians like Sebas Tian and Shalltear Bloodfallen as well. During his fight against Platinum Dragon Lord's Armor, Pandora's Actor demonstrated both great power of observation and analytical skills. In a short amount of times, he calmly mark several unusual characteristics of his opponent and came up with hypothesis that might explained them. Unlike Albedo who tend to disregard normal citizens' feeling, Pandora's Actor is able to comprehend their concerns and report them to his master in a simple, and intelligible manner.
Active[edit | edit source]
- Dark (Mass for the Dead Only): It is not as powerful as the single-target [True Dark] spell Ainz uses, but can still dish out none-type damage with the element of darkness.
- Item Fetichism (Mass for the Dead Only): An AoE Physical Attack used against multiple foes simultaneously.
- Polish Item (Mass for the Dead Only): It is an AoE move that increases his allies' attack and speed, while also helping to decrease incoming damage from enemies.
- Weakness (Mass for the Dead Only): It is single-target that, when used on one foe, can reduce their attack, defense, and speed.
Transformed Forms[edit | edit source]
Due to his racial abilities as a Doppelgänger and him possessing over 45 "saved" forms, with him possessing the ability to transform into all 41 members of Ainz Ooal Gown and four other unknown forms, Pandora's Actor has been shown transforming into the following;
- Tabula Smaragdina: During his first appearance, Pandora's Actor takes the form of Tabula Samragdina, one of the 41 members of Ainz Ooal Gown and, as such, has Tabula Samragdina's Avatar "saved" as one of his transformable forms. Pandora's Actor likely has access to all of his abilities and powers as a Magic Caster.
- Nearata: One of the 41 members of Ainz Ooal Gown and thus one of the many forms programmed into Pandora's Actor by his creator. When he transforms into Nearata, Pandora's Actor is shown to have obtained all of his Job classes as a Merchant and possesses the ability to cast high level Item Appraisal Spell to identify the unique abilities and powers of items and detect if they possess any unique features or powers.
- Momonga: Pandora's Actor is also shown to have "saved" the form of his own creator Momonga as one of his many transformable forms. He has displayed and possesses more or less the same prowess as him in casting spells. This is seen during his battle against Riku Aganeia, where Pandora's Actor is able to cast Body of Effulgent Beryl, Greater Teleportation, Grasp Heart, Explode Mine, Delay Teleportation, Lightning, Twin Magic Obsidian Swords, Fly, Wall of Skeleton, Call Greater Thunder, and even Summon Tenth-Tier Undead: Doom Lord and Elemental Skull. However, unlike the original, he doesn't seem to possess a strong fire resistance since Momonga can remain immune against a Primal Fire Elemental's power while Pandora's Actor can't resist a [Fire Storm] spell. Pandora's Actor is also shown to possess his creator's ability to create masses of Undead Armies for Nazarick. However, the undead he creates are much weaker than Ainz's and his own undead remain frozen and immobile when he is not in his Momonga form.
- "Momon": Since he is also required to act as a body double for Ainz's Adamantite Adventurer Persona, Pandora's Actor has also displayed the ability to transform into his warrior persona while equipped with Perfect Warrior, effectively granting him all of Momon's superhuman physical abilities as well.
Main Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown: It allows the user to freely teleport between every room inside Nazarick. Pandora's Actor is the third NPC to have been given this ring from Ainz.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Pandora's Actor can skillfully speak German without trouble.
- Pandora's Actor has access to multiple Job Classes, due to the various characters he is able to mimic. Taking on the form of Ainz Ooal Gown's guild members means he can also take on the appearance of their particular Heteromorphic Race.
- It was noted by the author Maruyama that the reason behind why Pandora's Actor can copy 45 different appearances with his class skills is due to his 45 racial class levels that he possesses.
- Despite Pandora's Actor being ranked at the top of the NPC's in terms of intelligence, tactical ability, and power, his movements are normally restricted to the Treasury and the Throne Room. This is because he is looked upon as a treasure and as a final trump card that serves to preserve the identity of Ainz Ooal Gown.
- While half of Nazarick's Undead are made by Ainz, the other half are made by Pandora's Actor. Granted, the undead made by Pandora's Actor are weaker than those made by Ainz, to some extent. Also, whenever Pandora's Actor isn't under the form of Ainz, all of the undead he creates get frozen.
- According to the author Maruyama, Pandora’s Actor cannot copy the World Champion’s official cheat ability.
- Even though the resurrection wands are items that break after a limited number of uses, Pestonya can siphon off Pandora's Actor (via Ainz's form), who has an absurd MP pool, to use resurrection magic indefinitely.
- Pandora's Actor's base stats are the lowest among the known level 100 NPCs.
- The author Maruyama noted while Pandora's Actor is unable to use the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown despite being in the form of his creator, he should still be able to carry it around without a problem.
- As a heteromorph, Pandora's Actor doesn't age at all, meaning he's immortal.