|Manual of Style|
|Request for Deletion|
|What Overlord Wiki is Not!|
Please observe these rules always. If you notice vandalism, revert it. Don't wait for the admins to enforce it.
Read all the rules pages before editing, just reading one doesn't cut it.
Overlord Wiki policies are statements which carry varying scope and power. In general, they lay out how the site is to be run and what methods should be used to tackle certain issues.
- Do not vandalize articles. Doing so will almost always result in a block.
- Do not go out of your way to attack another user's edits, nor they themselves.
- Refrain from undoing another person's edit without first providing a reason for your own action. You need justifications!
- Do not ask to become a Sysop (admin) on the wiki. There is a certain process by which this wiki picks its admins.
- Do not create pointless articles, upload invalid images, insert vulgar language, or make racial slurs. If you see one, put delete tag on.
- Respect neutrality and do not jump into another user's dispute. If it doesn't concern you, do not get involved.
- Do not only provide one point of view, but all relevant viewpoints as necessary.
- Support your article with actual facts.
- Use reliable sources.
- Do not advertise other sites on this wiki (includes posting outside links), and do not post spam.
- Do not badge hunt. Making minor or unnecessary edits so has to get a badge.
- Do not create articles containing fanon. This wiki deals with the official light novel/anime/manga/game content based on the Overlord series. Fanon materials aren't allowed.
- Plagiarism, in any form, is wrong, and is strictly prohibited. We are our own wiki. Do your own research and collaborate with your fellow editors to reach the right answer.
About Comment Section below Article Pages
- Point out errors in article pages by posting comments of criticism or with feedback to help improve/correct the pages. When presenting an issue with an article, bring in all points of view, not just one.
- Do not make irrelevant comments on article pages which specifically have no relations to it.
- Avoid posting questions involving where to get your hands on the the fan-translation. Otherwise, it will be deleted.
- Avoid posting the same questions multiple times in different pages.
- Avoid posting links below the comment section as it will be automatically deleted by one of the admins.
- Whether you agree/disagree about whatever was posted in the comments, please regard the people's opinions with respect and neutrality. Wishing to argue with the person is acceptable as long it does not turn hostile between one another.
- For that reason, avoid slandering remarks or attacks on someone. If not, any offensive post in the comment section will be completely removed or edited out by the admins. If the argument continues to become further heated, the whole chain of comments will be entirely taken down.
- Do not fill articles with content that makes no sense. For example, it is appropriate to post readable edits or comments using the English language above all. This is an English Wiki after all!
- If you sense tension in a conversation with someone, and think an argument is about to start between you two, stop replying to that person any further. Contact admins in their message wall instead.
Wikia has its own rules that are automatically on each wiki. We observe most of them here as well. They are as follows;
- Edit and create pages! It's a wiki, that's what it's for! But, if you make an edit that is not in good faith (i.e. Trolling edit), you may face a block.
- Be civil. If you are not civil, you will receive one warning. After that, you will be blocked for one week or longer due to inappropriate behavior. This could variably change depending on how the user responds to the ban.
- Obey all rules. If you do not you will face the consequences of the admins.
- Assume good faith; in other words, try to consider the person on the other end of the discussion is a thinking, rational being, who is trying to positively contribute to the project — unless, and only unless, you have firm, solid, and objective proof to the contrary. Merely disagreeing with you is no such proof. That goes for sysops as well.
- Particularly, don't undo good faith edits. Don't succumb to the temptation, unless you're undoing very obvious vandalism. If you really can't stand something, undo once, with an edit summary something like "(rv)
- No personal attacks! Don't insult other users (even if they really are or not). Instead, explain what they did wrong, why it is wrong, and how to fix it. If possible, fix it yourself (but see above). If you fail to treat them with respect, you will be administered a one week ban. If you continue, you will receive an automatic permanent ban for harassment.
Equality on a wiki is the idea that all users are equal despite any special circumstances. While the Overlord Wiki recognizes and accepts the fact that certain individuals do have special needs, are of younger and differing ages, and vary in the quality of writing skills, these individuals cannot and will not be considered exempt from the standards of conduct and the policies that all members of this wiki are required to abide by. To that end, no physical or mental condition, age, or difference in writing skills will be considered cause to suspend the enforcement of any policy or guideline.
Violations of this policy are punishable through a user ban. How long the ban duration depends on the level of severity of the user's hostile actions on the Overlord Wiki.