- "Hmph! Who's this Ainz Ooal Gown? Like Lindon said, what can one man do? If he flies, we'll shoot him down with bows. The same if he attacks from far away. What can one magic caster do? Those stories of magic casters who change the battlefield by themselves are just that, stories!"
- - Boullope disregarding the threat of the self-proclaimed Sorcerer King.
Marquis Boullope's age was around in the fifties and his face was heavily scarred, like that of a warlord. His once stout body which had been honed through unrelenting training was little more than a memory of the past. Yet, his voice and gaze would make people think that there must have been more than a little bit of his warrior side still left in him.
Marquis Boullope was a rather warrior-type and virile man. He liked to strengthen the armaments. He trained his own elite troop very well, as he felt a competitive spirit against Gazef's Warrior Troop.
Marquis Boullope controlled the most territory among the Great Nobles. He had been inspired by Gazef’s warrior troops and created a unit of his own professional warriors.
The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
- Main article: The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
When the Baharuth Empire declared that it would conquer the fortress city of E-Rantel for its rightful ruler, Boullope was confident that the Royal Army would overwhelm the Empire and its new ally, Ainz Ooal Gown. He also convinced King Ramposa III to allow Barbo to take a unit of five thousand men to investigate Carne Village and its relationship with the magic caster.
The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
Marquis Boullope and Marquis Raeven was mentioned in passing by the mercenary leader escorting Christopher Olson and his cargo to Re-Robel. He labeled them as nobles that were the riskiest to pick a fight with. Both of them have strong armies stationed within their own territories and it’d be dangerous to bump into them. The mercenary warned that even though the two nobles both suffered great losses in the war their caravan shouldn’t be careless.
Abilities and Powers
Marquis Boullope was one of the most influential nobles in the Kingdom, and he was also shown to possess great authority among the Six Great Nobles. He was in charge of an elite unit of warriors whose strength is comparable to Gazef's Warrior Troop.
Marquis Boullope was the leader of the anti-royal faction and thus did not even bother to hide his disdain for the King.
Marquis Boullope sponsored Barbro's claim to the throne and even married his own daughter to him. However, it's implied he actually just wanted to turn him into a puppet ruler under his control. Because of the resources, he put into him, the Marquis went to great lengths to ensure his safety, even if it's against the prince's will.
- In the Web Novel, Marquis Boullope's age was around 40s.
- In the Web Novel, Marquis Boullope mobilized 40,000 soldiers in the war.
- Marquis Boullope and his subjects were the primary targets of Ainz's Iä Shub-Niggurath.
- Whereas in the Light Novel he was never confirmed to have been killed, in the Anime he is seen being amongst the casualties.
- (On Ainz's claim to E-Rantel): "This is ridiculous nonsense; which lunatic's ravings are these?!"