- "Hmph! Who's this Ainz Ooal Gown? Like Lindon said, what can one man do? If he flies, we'll shoot him down with bows. The same if he attacks from far away. What can one magic caster do? Those stories of magic casters who change the battlefield by themselves are just that, stories!"
- - Boullope disregarding the threat of the self-proclaimed Sorcerer King.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Background
- 4 Chronology
- 5 Abilities and Powers
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Quotes
- 9 References
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Navigation
Marquis Boullope's age was around in the fifties and his face was heavily scarred, like that of a warlord. His once stout body which had been honed through unrelenting training was little more than a memory of the past. Yet, his voice and gaze would make people think that there must have been more than a little bit of his warrior side still left in him.
Marquis Boullope was a rather warrior-type and virile man. He liked to strengthen the armaments. He trained his own elite troop very well, as he felt a competitive spirit against Gazef's Warrior Troop.
Marquis Boullope controlled the most territory among the Great Nobles. He had been inspired by Gazef’s warrior troops and created a unit of his own professional warriors.
The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
- Main article: The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
When the Baharuth Empire declared that it would conquer the fortress city of E-Rantel for its rightful ruler, Boullope was confident that the Royal Army would overwhelm the Empire and its new ally, Ainz Ooal Gown. He also convinced King Ramposa III to allow Barbo to take a unit of five thousand men to investigate Carne Village and its relationship with the magic caster.
The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
Marquis Boullope and Marquis Raeven was mentioned in passing by the mercenary leader escorting Christopher Olson and his cargo to Re-Robel. He labeled them as nobles that were the riskiest to pick a fight with. Both of them have strong armies stationed within their own territories and it’d be dangerous to bump into them. The mercenary warned that even though the two nobles both suffered great losses in the war their caravan shouldn’t be careless.
Abilities and Powers
Marquis Boullope was one of the most influential nobles in the Kingdom, and he was also shown to possess great authority among the Six Great Nobles. He was in charge of an elite unit of warriors whose strength is comparable to Gazef's Warrior Troop.
Marquis Boullope was the leader of the anti-royal faction and thus did not even bother to hide his disdain for the King.
Marquis Boullope sponsored Barbro's claim to the throne and even married his own daughter to him. However, it's implied he actually just wanted to turn him into a puppet ruler under his control. Because of the resources, he put into him, the Marquis went to great lengths to ensure his safety, even if it's against the prince's will.
Marquis Boullope sees Marquis Raeven as a fellow member from the Noble faction unaware that Marquis Reaven is actually the leader of the Royal Faction. He knew the man was talented, and as a result, criticizing him would be very difficult. When he suggest by making himself command the Royal Army, the King choose Marquis Raeven instead, he could not complain if it was Marquis Raeven.
More importantly, Marquis Raeven had broad connections, and many of his men owed him favors. If he tried to criticize Marquis Raeven too harshly, it would only make them doubt him instead.
In the Mass for the Dead continuity, its revealed that Boullope knew Lakyus during her younger years when she was a noblewoman. It appears that she caused a disruption at a ball once at his residence, though he forgave her. It's also hinted that they may have a familial relationship as he insisted her in calling him "uncle."
- In the Web Novel, Marquis Boullope's age was around 40s.
- In the Web Novel, Marquis Boullope mobilized 40,000 soldiers in the war.
- Marquis Boullope and his subjects were the primary targets of Ainz's Iä Shub-Niggurath.
- Whereas in the Light Novel he was never confirmed to have been killed, in the Anime he is seen being amongst the casualties.
- In Mass for the Dead, Marquis Boullope was among the nobles that sent forces to E-Rantel after the loss of the majority of the Warrior Troops and when Gazef Stronoff was rendered unfit for duty due to his Contaminated Beast status. Later on, he was killed by Evil Lord Wrath for his actions in a small rebellion against the pillaging demons of Jaldabaoth.
- (On Ainz's claim to E-Rantel): "This is ridiculous nonsense; which lunatic's ravings are these?!"