Lupusregina Beta (ルプスレギナ・ベータ, Lupusregina・β) is a werewolf battle maid and a member of the "Pleiades Six Stars," the battle maid squad of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. She was created by Beast King Mekongawa.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Background
- 4 Chronology
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Quotes
- 7 References
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Navigation
Lupusregina Beta is a brown-skinned beauty with an athletic look and red hair tied in two long braids. She wears a maid uniform with short sleeves and long black gloves with a skirt that has a long slit on its left side, revealing thigh-high white stockings. She is equipped with an imposing black and silver scepter slung across her back.
Lupusregina Beta has a very bright and outgoing personality but is able to act accordingly like a perfect lady. She is sociable and friendly towards humans. However, this is only a mask to conceal her brutal and cunning personality. She also enjoys making lewd jokes to people like Enri.
Lupusregina tends to use her 'Complete Invisibility' spell frequently in order to appear behind someone's back without being detected, as she loves to startle people. Yuri has claimed that Lupusregina can be as sadistic and evil as her sister Solution. The author Maruyama has stated on Twitter that during a full-moon at nighttime, she becomes a little bit crueler.
Lupusregina is considered the friendliest of the battle maids by the Homunculus Maids. They also think that being approached by her is a sign of good fortune.
In the Web Novel, she is not a sadist, just a cheerful character who loves to eat.
Lupusregina Beta was created by Beast King Mekongawa to be one of the battle maids, the Pleiades. They served as a last line of defense against intruders. However, because she is unlikely to be able to stand against enemy players who managed to come this far, her only real purpose was to distract the invaders until the guild members of Ainz Ooal Gown were able to fully prepare for their final stand in the throne room.
The Undead King Arc
- Main article: The Undead King Arc
The Two Leaders Arc
- Main article: The Two Leaders Arc
Lupusregina is given a mission to spy in Carne Village and to protect three people in the village: Enri Emmot, Nfirea Bareare, and Lizzie Bareare. She visits the village with stone golems to help with the construction of the new wall. She is also the one responsible for delivering the alchemical items and apparatuses to the Bareares. She follows Enri, Nfirea, and the goblins when they explore the Great Forest of Tob in order to search for both herbs and information about the forest. She receives a newly developed potion made by the Bareares, and Nfirea wants her to report the news about it to Ainz. When Enri decides to make some drinks, she asks Lupusregina if she knows how to make delicious drinks. In response, Lupusregina claims that she knows how to, but she serves only the Supreme Beings as a maid and thus she does not help other people with chores and prefers instead to laze around.
Although the inhabitants of Carne Village decide to protect their village from the possible attacks of the army led by the Giant of the East and the Demon Snake of the West, Lupusregina suggests asking Ainz for help since he will easily solve the problem. However, Enri rejects her idea of asking help from Ainz a second time, stating that they should do as much as they can by themselves without depending on their savior too much. After hearing her answer, Lupusregina has a disappointed look on her face but says that they should work hard to keep the village safe. Once Ainz hears the news of Enri being present in E-Rantel, he scolds Lupusregina in his office for her carelessness and tells her to take her job seriously.
Afterward, Lupusregina talks with Enri about the matter of her being appointed to be the new chief of the village. Lupusregina gives her some advice, saying that it doesn't matter if Enri is the chief or someone else is the chief because she will mess up sooner or later. She says that there are only forty-one people who will never make a mistake and that there is no point worrying about what happens when Enri fails and that nobody is better suited for the job than her. Lupusregina also tells Enri that if the goblins can't save the village, they will prioritize her safety first. However, if she is the chief of the village, then this scenario will change as the village will become her property and they will fight to protect the village to the bitter end.
Shortly after, Lupusregina sees the villagers gathering in the village square because Enri has been appointed as the new chief. Yuri Alpha appears behind her and asks about Carne Village, saying that was the reason she got scolded by Ainz. Lupusregina says that a new leader has just arisen and wonders what kind of faces the villagers will make if they are attacked and everything is set ablaze, much to Yuri‘s displeasure. During the attack by monsters from Tob Forest, she saves Nfirea from the Giant troll and kills it.
The Maid Tea Party Arc
- Main article: The Maid Tea Party Arc
Lupusregina is absent from the monthly Pleiades report and tea party because she is busy over at Carne Village under Ainz's order.
The Men in the Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Men in the Kingdom Arc
Lupusregina participates in Demiurge's plan to make Momon a lasting hero in the Re-Estize Kingdom. She plays the part along with the other battle maids to act as Jaldabaoth's underlings with her face disguised with a mask. She partners with Solution Epsilon and Entoma Vasilissa Zeta. They fight against Nabe and continue to do so until Jaldabaoth orders a retreat.
The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
- Main article: The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
Lupusregina, along with her fellow Pleiades, except for Narberal, encounters Dragon Hunt on the surface of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. They are sent to see if the Nazarick Old Guarders are able to capture enemies trying to escape from the tomb. To her and the other Pleiades' surprise, Dragon Hunt decides to stay and fight. She and her sisters try to cheer for the Dragon Hunt workers, but they are easily slaughtered by the Nazarick Old Guarders. Afterwards, Yuri orders her and the other maids to check if there are any survivors.
The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
- Main article: The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
Lupusregina and Yuri greet the delegation from the Baharuth Empire right outside of the borders of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. Later on, Lupusregina returns to her post at Carne Village, whilst invisible, as she observes the attack by the Crown Prince. During the battle, she is surprised when Enri summons an entire goblin army to defend the village.
After the attack on Carne Village, Prince Barbro's remnant army retreats back to Katze Plains until Lupusregina appears in front of them and tells the group that she has been observing their situation for a while now. Lupusregina summons thirty level 43 Redcap goblins and then orders them to kill everyone present before her. At the same time, she personally tortures Prince Barbro for half an hour before he dies from the torment.
The Pleiades Day Arc
- Main article: The Pleiades Day Arc
Lupusregina is present in the room she shares with Yuri and Narberal. Lupusregina is relaxing, eating a bag of potato chips when she notices how tense Yuri is as she has no work to do. Lupusregina's ungraceful eating habits attract Yuri's attention, who begins to lecture her on manners.
Accord to Yuri, Lupusregina's task is to observe and remain alert while preventing the leakage of the technologies developed within Carne Village, among other colorful tasks besides protecting Nfirea and the Emmot siblings.
Later on, she and Narberal approach Ainz to give Yuri a new task, presumably to get her off their backs.
The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc
- Main article: The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc
Lupusregina arrives at Carne Village to inform Enri that she will not be around to visit them for a while. She explains that Ainz seems to have been defeated in battle and has died.
The Paladin of the Holy Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Paladin of the Holy Kingdom Arc
Lupusregina is present in the log cabin during a meeting between Albedo, Demiurge, and her master. She pulls out a chair for Ainz to sit on and then kneels down on the floor while waiting for further instructions. When the two Floor Guardians act hostile toward one another, Lupusregina begins panting heavily out of fear.
As Ainz bows his head down on the table for forgiveness, the Floor Guardians order the maid to lift their master's head up. However, she rejects the Floor Guardians' order, apologizing to them while stating that she can not carry out that kind of action to her own master by force. While Ainz begins prepping up his plan with Albedo and Demiurge, Lupusregina stands by and whispers in amazement after what has transpired in this meeting.
Lupusregina is present with Yuri during Ainz Ooal Gown's secret conversation to Jaldabaoth. Later, at the appointed time for Ainz's duel with the Evil Lord and the Pleiades, Lupusregina is replaced by a Doppelgänger from the Erich String Orchestra so Ainz will not be restricted in holding back to kill.
- In Latin, her name literally means "wolf queen."
- Lupusregina claims that she serves only the Supreme Beings as a maid and thus, she is not the least bit interested in helping other people with chores and prefers to be served instead.
- Ainz thinks that Lupusregina would be a more suitable companion to accompany him as an adventurer over Narberal Gamma, who he later regrets choosing.
- Lupusregina is the first NPC to have truly anger and disappointed Ainz due to her lackadaisical attitude and inability to properly assess the gravity of a situation during a mission she is ordered to do in Carne Village.
- In Mass for the Dead, Beast King Mekongawa is stated to be Lupusregina's creator.
- According to the author, the cap that she wears may or may not hide her wolf ears.
- (To Enri Emmot): "Really now, En-chan, I've been following behind you guys from the beginning~su. Strange, didn't you guys notice? I thought everyone was ignoring me because I had no presence~su"
- (To Nfirea): "What's all of this then~su. A pure, innocent boy's love, trampled just like that~su. Ah, what a riot~su! Fuha!... All right, enough kidding around, what really happened?"
- (To Unlai): "Welp, I'm the maid of Ainz-sama, and the other Supreme Beings, soooo... I don’t want to work for anyone else ~su. I just want to laze around su~. Let's not talk about work and all that other stuff."
- (To Enri): "...Hm? Something wrong? You've been sneaking glances my way recently. Are you in love with me? Ahhhhh, how troubling~ my, how shocking, to think that En-chan is a lesbian~su. Looks like I need to let everyone know~su."
- (To Enri): "What what what what's this? Oh no~ My heart's beating so fast. But please don't confess to me. I'm not a lesbian, I like the opposite sex. Noooooo~ Let me go~ I'm going to be raped su~"
- (To Enri): "Well, come lay your problems onto onee-san — from the secrets of H stuff to seducing men~"
- (To Enri about becoming the Chief of Carne Village): "Aw, do I have to answer you...hm, well, whatever. To begin with, if you're being pushed into this position and you know you’re going to regret it, then you'd better not take it on to begin with. Think about what kind of things you can and can’t handle."
- (To Enri): "This is just my opinion anyways; you should probably decide what you want to do on your own. Sit down, chew the cud a little, that sort of thing. For starters, let me put this out here, it doesn't matter if you're the chief or someone else is the chief, you're going to mess up sooner or later. There's only forty-one people I know who'll never make a mistake. 'Cos of that, no point worrying about what happens when you fail. But when you think about it, nobody's better suited to the job than you."
- (To Enri): "Welp, that's about it. Haaa, I don't want to play counselor at all. Then again if En-chan didn't become the chief, the beautiful tragedy would unfold and it would be more fun."
- (To Yuri Alpha): "That's right, Yuri-nee~ I mean every word of it. Every time I think of the people I get along with getting trampled like ants and exterminated with brute force, I can't help but laugh."
- (To Narberal Gamma about Ainz): "Ainz-sama is amazing! I can't believe he thought so far ahead, and in such detail! He must be some kind of monster!"
- (To Prince Barbro): "You're not needed in the plan of the highest one, of Ainz-sama. That's why you're going to die. Do you understand now?"