In the Web Novel, at some point in the history of YGGDRASIL, there was once a World Champion of Muspelheim who managed to turned himself into one of the Seven Deadly Sins, a World Enemy, by using a World Item. Hence, his power grew into tremendous might to the point wherein which he could fight evenly against thirty players by himself. He would later get chased by players until destruction, and then utterly failed at the moment of his character deletion.
The Emissary of the King Arc
- Main article: The Emissary of the King Arc
Ainz sent out his summoned Death Knight, to do a survey of the Floor Guardians' statuses ans desires. The first it spoke with was with Shalltear Bloodfallen. Shalltear was confused by the question as her being an undead afforded her immunity to most status effects. However such resistances were later noted to be useless against World-Enemies; the Seven Deadly Sins were among those listed.
The Dark Warrior Arc
- Main article: The Dark Warrior Arc
Whilst talking with the Swords of Darkness, Ninya brought up the possibility of facing dragons. Most of her companions thought it to be ridiculous as the chances of an encounter were low. However it cautioned Ainz as he thought of the World Enemies from YGGDRASIL as dragons were among their number along with several other entities such as the Seven Deadly Sins.
The Men in the Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Men in the Kingdom II
While watching Sebas Tian and Demiurge argued over the fate of Tuare, it sparked a memory from Ainz Ooal Gown when his guildmates Touch Me and Ulbert argued. In one such conversation Touch Me wanted to fight the Seven Deadly Sins, but was rejected as the guild didn't have the numbers to undertake a battle.
Lords of the Seven Deadly Sins are one of the groups of World Enemies in the game. Even if thirty level 100 players, were fully prepared and forewarned of the battle ahead, did battle with one of these World Enemies, the outcome of the battle would still be in doubt.
- Unnamed World Champion
- If one of these had appeared before them, it would be a threat to all of Nazarick.
- Lords of the Seven Deadly Sins are possibly based on the Seven Deadly Sins.
- If all Seven Deadly Sins are defeated, a World Item drop will appear.
- A World Champion turning oneself into a Lord among the Seven Deadly Sins open the possibility that other players have the chance of becoming a World Enemy.