According to the YGGDRASIL standard, the DMMO-RPG had over 2000 basic and advanced job classes available in the game to unlock and choose from through various conditions such as killing Ice Dragon monsters. Compared to heteromorphs and demi-humans, humanoids gain all of their strengths from job classes and skills. In YGGDRASIL, strong classes were typically balanced out with weaknesses and penalties.
On the other hand, there were three different types of job classes. They're usually ranked between base, high and rare. Base job classes can be leveled up to 15, high classes can be leveled up to 10, and rare classes, like World Champion or Eclipse, can only be leveled up to 5 at max. In fact, some powerful classes could be unlocked by PKing a certain number of heteromorphic beings for entry without consequence, since they don't suffer from any penalty while doing so.
Nonetheless, every base job class had a maximum of 15 levels to invest in. In order to reach the overall level cap of 100, one would need to take at least 7 different classes. However, players could take as many classes as they wanted as long as they met each class’s prerequisites. A player could even take 100 classes at level 1 each, although that was considered as very inefficient. As such, in this system, it was virtually impossible to make identical characters unless one was deliberately trying to do so.
For each and every class obtained, different spell lists were given to players. Having levels in specific classes and their respective skills can also benefit the players in ways that enhanced their specialization of spells or summoning. When players level up along with their chosen class, they can choose three new spells from the class’ spell list. Hence, level 100 Players could use 300 different spells at most. According to the author Maruyama, if a humanoid player were to try and use a racial change item, all of their special techniques/skills acquired from that job class will be lost.
Unfortunately, this has been counted as a separate system and the stacking of classes are different from the level of magic one can use. For instance, level 100 characters who had incompatible faith-type classes could use only up to the 4th tier of magic. If done properly, such characters should have been able to reach the 6th tier of magic. In this case, accumulating sixty levels in wizard and forty levels in cleric would not let one use the highest 10th tier magic of the faith series.
Job Class Name
|Armor Smith||Gondo FirebeardTsuibayaya|
|Cook (Chef)||Yuri Alpha|
|Craftsman||Titus Annaeus Secundus|
|Item Smith||Gondo Firebeard|
|Runesmith||Gondo Firebeard||New World only.|
|High Sage||Keno Fasris Invern|
|Sage||Elias Brandt Dale Raeven|
Keno Fasris Invern
|Weapon Smith||Gondo Firebeard|
Job Class Name
Zanac Valleon Igana Ryle Vaiself
|Evangelist||Neia Baraja||A unique skill of this class is the ability to influence people's minds.|
|Job Class Name||Source Person||Commentary|
|World Champion||Touch Me||
Strongest Warrior Class
Total of 9 of them.
- There are temporary job classes like "Minimum," which can be bought from the game's cash shop.
- According to Maruyama, there are certain people who have job classes with Genius written into them, because it relates to a person's natural talent. Those who have a Genius in their job class differs in various ways. For example, the number of magic spells learned increases slightly. However, there is never a time when they become incredibly strong.
- It seems the conditions of acquiring a job class works differently from YGGDRASIL to the New World.
- In YGGDRASIL, humanoid players are considered to have the most array of classes at their disposal than the likes of demi-human players, and heteromorphic players.
- Some job classes have an extra life expectancy.
- In the Web Novel, World Champion was describe as the one warrior job class that is labeled to be an "official cheat."
- Due to the disparity in racial class levels among dragon and human races, there is a difference in power when a Dragon Lord reaches Hero class and a human reaches Hero class.