James (ジェームズ) is the butler of the Furt Family.
After the Furt Family’s fall from grace, James now bears a tense expression on his wrinkled face.
James is a loyal manservant as he has remained in the employ of the Furt Family even after the Emperor had revoked their nobility status.
According to Arche Eeb Rile Furt, James had been the butler to the Furt Family for a long time. While the young mistress Arche is away from home trying to pay off his master's debt, he attempts to prevent the Furt Family from falling further into debt. However, this is easier said than done as Arche's father still refuses to admit he is no longer a noble, believing that he still needs to keep up appearances. Despite the aged old butler's reminders of the family's financial situation, his master has accumulated a debt of 300 gold coins.
The Invaders of the the Large Tomb Arc
- Main article: The Invaders of the the Large Tomb Arc
James greets Arche, when she returns and apologizes for his inability to steer her father from taking out excessive loans. He is somewhat relieved after being shown Arche's meager monetary commission, which he plans to use to alleviate the debt.
Abilities and Powers
In addition to having the skills of a butler, it seems James also possesses the mindset of an accountant, believing he could pay off the loans and receive his salary based on the content of Arche's purse.
A loyal servant of the old master, James tried to remind him of the family's financial debt but was unsuccessful as the patriarch valued the opinion of his noble peers.
James cares deeply about the well being of his mistress, even aiding the girl in her plans to leave the Furt Family once the debt was cleared.
- Despite the Furt Family were stripped from their nobility, James still remained in the Furt Family.
- James never made an appearance in the Overlord Anime.
- (To Arche as she gave him the money): "Salary, as well as the interest for the merchants...I think I should be able to solve the rest. Ojou-sama."
- (To Arche in regard to her father): "It couldn't be helped. The seller came with nobles acquainted with us. Although I did remind the old master multiple times..."
|Officials and Soldiers|
|Workers and Adventurers|