- "I am the Lich serving the Supreme Being, Iguva. If you forfeit now, I will grant you a painless death."
- - Iguva=41's declaration.
Iguva=41 was a hideous undead magic caster that reeks of death and decay. He wore an old and luxurious robe that covered his body of skin and bones.
While Iguva=41 was very arrogant, he did not underestimate his foes. With complete and utter devotion to Ainz, he tried to do whatever it took to complete his creator's orders.
Iguva=41 was a corpse that Ainz Ooal Gown turned into an Elder Lich as part of an experiment. He was part of the undead army commanded by Cocytus that was deployed to fight the lizardmen tribes.
The Lizard Man Heroes Arc
- Main article: The Lizard Man Heroes Arc
Eight days later at the beginning of the battle between the lizardmen and the undead, he is kept in reserve on Ainz's instruction. After the lizardmen destroyed the undead army, Cocytus, acting as the army commander, authorizes his deployment on the field.
Upon ordering his Blood Meat Hulks to attack the three tribal chiefs who're protecting the lizardmen army's flank, he uses his powerful Fireball spell against the army's main force, forcing it to pull back. A suicide attack by five elite lizardmen Head Warriors only reaches halfway before being annihilated.
While so, a second attack is made by Zaryusu Shasha, Zenberu Gugu, and Crusch Lulu hiding behind Rororo. The hydra is protected by protective and healing spells plus the freezing ability of Frost Pain is finally brought down. However, it is not before he allows the three lizardmen heroes to reach striking distance of Iguva=41. The Lich summons four Skeleton Warriors to guard himself until they were eventually engaged by Zenberu Gugu and Crusch Lulu in battle. As a result, this allows Zaryusu Shasha the chance to face the undead magician one on one in close combat.
After a drawn-out battle, the lizardman, battered by the Lich's spells, engages one last time with his Frost Pain's special ability, creating a thick cold fog, and half-blindly striking through it. That strike finally puts his sword through Iguva=41's head, ending him once and for all. Before finally dying, Iguva=41 begs his creator, Ainz Ooal Gown for forgiveness in failing to defeat the lizardmen.
|NOTICE: The following section and subsequent subsections are considered NON-CANON to the Overlord Light Novels.|
Mass for the Dead Arc
- Main article: Mass for the Dead Arc
When word reached Momonga about Six Arms conducting a large scale undead subjugation in the Katze Plains, he believed that the movements were related to Shalltear being mind-controlled by a third party. The information on the workers actions were acquired by a adventurer named Igvarge who's adventurer team had defeated a elder lich commanding a Ghost Ship. The adventurers were all killed when they defeated the elder lich. Interestingly Six Arms was seeking the elder lich as well, but not to kill it but to tame it. To find out what the workers from the Baharuth Empire were up to, Momonga recovered the Ghost Ship and used one of the discarded bodies of the adventurers to create a new elder lich he named Iguva=41.
Iguva=41's mission was to encounter the workers who were looking for the undead. His goal was to gain a seat in their inner circle and to learn all he could about their plans. Due to the members of Six Arms being familiar with working with one of his kind, Iguva assimilated well as their new magic caster.
In conjunction he would be assisted by Lupusregina Beta and CZ2128 Delta going under the names of Regi and Shizuni. The duo would be recruited by Six Arms to complete their six member team. Due to his powers being necessary, Iguva was privy to Zero's meeting with a trio including two nobles and a merchant that sought to depose Emperor Jircniv. The trio wished to establish a smuggling route to the Slane Theocracy via the Katze Plains to acquire slaves and weapons to bolster their forces in preparation for a rebellion. The elder lich was to act as insurance to safely cross the undead infested land. Once he was informed of the true plan, he passed the information to Regi and Shizuni who relayed it to the echelons in Nazarick.
Iguva continued his position as a new member of Six Arms professionally and on the day of scouting out the new smuggling route used his Ghost Ship to travel the route with his new companions to ensure it was safe. He cautioned Zero that while his powers of the undead were impressive he still had trouble against Death Knights and Skeleton Dragons. The latter proved to be no issue after one appeared, intentionally by Momonga, and Regi and Shizuni were able to prove their ability by fighting it.
The next day Iguva would steer his ship into the fog again, leading carriages of the anti-Jircniv faction along the smuggling route to meet their partners in the Theocracy. The convoy though was intercepted by the Four Imperial Knights. Zero and the two members of the original Six Arms revealed that they had sold out the nobles and their workers in exchange for Zero's to be given the rank of an Imperial Knight. While the workers hired by the nobles sided with their current employers, Iguva, Regi and Shizuni remained loyal to Zero and fought the workers. After the fight was over, Iguva captured all the ones that tried to escape and turned them over to the knights. However he and the other two new members worried that their usefulness was outlived and prepared for another fight, but their concerns proved to be unneeded as Zero had no intention of turning on them given their skills and usefulness.
While it was expected that Six Arms would be dissolved once Zero was be promoted as a member of the Four Knights, it was delayed as Zero still needed to prove himself in a physical test against one of the current members. Thus Iguva remained a member of Six Arms, serving as a spy to monitor the developments within the Empire. Momonga later would order his to patrol and monitor the Katze Plains. At the same time to assist the protagonist when he was called upon.
Abilities and Powers
Iguva=41 is a level 22 monster. But owing to a skill held by his creator Ainz Ooal Gown that buffs summoned undead, his stats have been increased significantly beyond his level. Iguva=41 believes himself to be a far superior creation compared to the automatically-spawning Elder Liches in the Great Tomb of Nazarick.
As an undead, he was unaffected by Frost Pain's ice damage ability.
- Fireball: A 3rd tier spell that allows the caster to summon a large fireball that is used for attacks.
- Lightning: A 3rd tier spell that shoots a bolt of lightning.
- Scare: Induces fear into the opponent.
- Magic Arrow: A 1st tier spell, that shoots light arrows against a target.
- Summon 4th tier Undead: Summons four Skeleton Warriors.
- Negative Touch: Through physical contact, Iguva=41 uses his racial skill as shown by grabbing Zaryusu's throat. Thus, negative energy then flowed into his target's body, robbing the lizardman of his vitality.
As his personal creation, Iguva=41 has undying loyalty towards him and would die for him.
Iguva=41 served as Cocytus's commander during the attack on the Lizardmen.
Iguva=41 saw them like insects that should be squashed for the glory of Nazarick.
- Iguva=41 was created by Ainz Ooal Gown to be used by Cocytus as his field commander.
- While there is no clear indication in the novel that Iguva=41 was created from the corpse of Igvarge, in the illustration one side of Iguva=41's face is distorted and this can be inferred to be the hit Mare delivered to his head that even destroyed his helmet when trying to run from Ainz. Moreover, they share the same voice actors in the anime.
- In the Web Novel, there is a lich that leads the attack on the lizardmen, though he is unnamed.
- (To Himself): "I, Iguva, will present this victory to my master."
- (To Zenberu): "Not bad for a sacrificial offering, worthy enough for me to show my might."
- (To Zaryusu): "I am the Lich serving the Supreme Being, Iguva. If you forfeit now, I will grant you a painless death."
- (To Zaryusu): "Imbecile... How could I, a creation of the Supreme Being lose?! How foolish!"
- (To Zaryusu during their battle): "Ku ku ku… I am the Lich Iguva, don’t look down on me just because I am not proficient in melee combat!"
- (To himself about Zaryusu): "Ku ku, you could have won if you had abandoned your comrades."
- (To himself upon death): "This… this… impossible… Ainz… sama…Please… Please… Forgive… me."