Igor Rokerson was an imposing and sturdy figure, described as a man that was thick in every dimension.
Though Igor was a physically menacing man, he couldn’t hold his own opinions without getting swayed by others. For social gatherings, Igor had to switch from two personalities, as original his language was so unrefined that none of the nobility would dare be caught using that language.
The noble had inherited his position, in the aftermath of the Massacre at Katze Plains. Soon after gaining his position he became friends with Baron Montserrat and Baron Delvin in the New Faction. He was among the third and fourth sons of his family.
The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
Baron Rokerson and Baron Delvin going out for drinks at an establishment encountered Baron Montserrat. Joining him they shared mugs of pale ale. Rokerson offered the leader of the New Faction a plate of nuts and drank in a rambunctious manner. Later they shared their woes on the struggles they have been facing as noblemen, specifically in their lack of funds coming from their demesnes. They agreed collectively that the fault not laid with them by their 'incompetent' peasants they commanded. Philip lamented on the current situation if nothing changed then all he could do was wait for a bad harvest so the price of grain would go up. When Delvin brought up, Philip's territory, Wayne interrupted him and whispered that even if a bad harvest occurs, the price won’t necessarily rise. He informed him that there was a huge amount of cheap grain being transported from the Sorcerer Kingdom to the Kingdom.
Having acquired the intel from a trustworthy source, the baron told Philip the Sorcerer Kingdom had stored large quantities of grain in warehouses owned by the merchants in the capital. He didn't know much about the exact details other than the fact that the grain was there for storage only and that the Sorcerer Kingdom had already paid for the storage fee. Additionally, the grain was being casted with [Preserve] to prolong its shelf-life and undead workers were being used on farmland. The food though was being transported to another location, as food relief, to the Roble Holy Kingdom which was still recovering from the attack from Jaldabaoth. It was from this information that Philip concocted a scheme to drive the price of grain up, by stealing the stockpile from the Sorcerer Kingdom which he invited Wayne and Igor into his plan.
Once Philip left, the two secretly begun to conspire on how to deal with the former's plan of raiding the Sorcerer Kingdom's caravan of grains while looking to come up with a proposed plan of their own.
While helping to carry out the battle plan, both Baron Igor and Delvin later met up with Philip at their destination, a patch of road in his friend’s demesne. There, they suggest to Philip about using the Crane-Wing Formation to ambush the Sorcerer Kingdom's caravan. The two inform Philip that each of them have brought around 75 soldiers with them to their intended location. Igor's and Wayne's forces will be covering the side flanks while Philip have his 50 soldiers advance first. The left flank is the direction where Igor's forces will be at as well as it being where Philip and his soldiers are going to retreat to. Considering that Philip's plan is to set up an ambush in the forest, Igor and Wayne have already prepared such place where twigs, weeds, and whatnot have already been cleared out ahead of time. This was done so that it could allow them to form a successful retreat on horseback.
Although the operation is a success for Philip, neither Igor nor Wayne was expecting it to turn out that way as they thought.
Abilities and Powers
According to himself, Rokerson cannot find any appeal in alcohol, only drinking in social events when needed. Though Igor might be more athletic than the average person, he was completely outmatched in terms of intelligence.
Igor was one of the few members of the New faction that chose not to distance themselves from Philip. He even allowed the other noble to call him by his first name. While at first appearing they are on mutually good terms, but in reality, he despises and resents him for being the head of the faction as well as the sheer idiocy he shows.
Rokerson's land neighbored Delvin's thus it was a common sight for them to be working together. While it was unusual for neighboring lords to be friendly with each other, but since they were the third and fourth sons of their family, they weren’t indoctrinated with animosity from the past. That was why they were so close.
Both Himself and Wayne are suspicious of Hilma with her supporting Philips exploits in controlling the New Faction and actually suspect that she might be the real one who is controlling things behind the scenes and possibly might be working with the Eight Fingers organization and prefer not to get involved with her if they can.
- Like Wayne, he was skeptical that there were priests capable of resurrection magic in the Sorcerer Kingdom.
- (To Wayne): "Life's just getting more and more difficult. I thought that once we inherited the barony we'd be able to join the racket of the aristocracy...Shameless flattery and ingratiation, just those two things alone annoy the shit out of me."
- (To Wayne): "And that's why I never wanted to grow up...Man I miss the days when we were carefree enough to swing sticks around and pretend to be dragonslayers."
- (To Wayne): "For real…? Well the next time we meet him I’ll try extra hard to put on a face."
- (To Wayne about Philip): "No, aren't you overthinking? It's probably because he was really that much of an idiot that he didn't consider the potential consequences at all while he was coming up with that plan."
- (To Wayne about Ainz Ooal Gown): "Why...? Looks like you're thinking about something that I won't be able to grasp again, but isn't it about time that you tell me what's going on? Even I know that saying yes to that guy will get us into trouble in the future. We're about to attack a Sorcerer Kingdom's caravan in your territory, you know? That bony bastard is definitely not gonna just let it slide. There's no way that guy's not losing his head after this, and yours might not stay connected to your neck for long either."
- (To Wayne about his plan): "We're getting ahead of ourselves, but we do have to consider the possibility that there are priests who could resurrect the dead. You know what they also say? No lie slips by the priest."