|Judging from the current state of this page, there is no available image on the Overlord Fandom as of yet to help emphasize its appearance. Since it is lacking visuals, this article requires an image for the first time, the kind which should be high quality and distinguishable. You could go out of your way to assist the Overlord Wiki by adding an official image that came from any Overlord adaptation to it.|
While guarding Nazarick, Guren prefers to conceal itself and pull unsuspecting opponents into advantageous terrain.
After the establishment of Ainz Ooal Gown and Nazarick designated its guild base, Guren was placed on the 7th Floor to act as an Area Guardian in the molten river. It primarily rests within the lava pools until an enemy approaches it, which in turn attacks them using the terrain as cover for sneak attacks.
The Emissary of the King Arc
- Main article: The Emissary of the King Arc
The Two Leaders Arc
- Main article: The Two Leaders Arc
After Pulcinella delivers a message to Mare from Demiurge, Mare remarks that, should he wish to send a reply, he may need to use Guren as a relay and inquires of Pulcinella the whereabouts of Guren. Pulcinella informs Mare that the last time he saw Guren was when Demiurge wasn't present and that it was lying in ambush around the gate to the 6th Floor.
The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
After the fall of the Re-Estize Kingdom which culminated to the conquest of the royal palace in Re-Estize, the Sorcerer King orders Albedo to summon Guren to burn it to the ground save for the palace.
Abilities and Powers
Guren is a level 90 hell slime. As a creature optimized for combat, it's fighting ability was easily on par with the Floor Guardians.
While being an Area Guardian of the 7th Floor's River of Flame in Nazarick, targets would have been dragged into the quicksand-like lava by Guren's tentacles. Moreover, doing so would render the targets immobile beneath that area effect as they're left to be attacked by a virtually invisible opponent.
Guren is considered to be a far more dangerous opponent than even Demiurge himself who also governs the 7th Floor. Because Guren didn't need to breathe, the creature could hide its body in the magma. Defeating Guren with normal methods was nearly impossible, to begin with.
According to Ainz, there was a reason behind an Area Guardian like him was not easily allowed to leave his area. Because of the passive aura Guren possesses, it would surely bring and cause a lot of collateral damage along the way. Just by having Guren move to the ninth floor, things like wool carpets would end up catching fire while beings like the ordinary maids, would surely take a lot of damage.
- Body Spitting: According to Slimeko, depending on what kind of prey it's facing, it can spit out and generate inferno slimes. This attack is seen by the other slime as a move that all slimes wish to achieve.
As Floor Guardian of the 7th Floor, Demiurge is Guren's direct superior.
- In the English publication of the Light Novel, Guren's name was translated as 'Crimson'.
- Guren is Japanese for 'red lotus'. Guren-jigoku, one of the eight cold hells in Buddhist teachings, causes one's flesh to split from the temperature and form the likeness of a red lotus.
- In Mass for the Dead, Slimeko regards Guren as a hero of slimes.