Each of the four knights is recruited by Jircniv to serve as his personal guards, regardless of their backgrounds or history, provided that they possess exceptional fighting skills. As a result, each of them has differing attitudes and abilities. Even their degree of loyalty to their liege varies between each individual.
The Four Knights are tasked with carrying out the Emperor’s will. In terms of authority in the Imperial Army, they would be considered equal to the rank of a general.
The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
- Main article: The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
- Main article: The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc
- Main article: The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc
Two of the Imperial Knights, Baziwood and Nimble were accompanying the Emperor for the secret meeting with emissary of the Slane Theocracy as part of the plan to conspire with defeating Ainz Ooal Gown.
The Four Imperial Knights are specially trained elite soldiers of the Baharuth Empire. Armed with lightweight mythril armor and weapons made of adamantite, they are the empire's strongest. In addition to the standard equipment, they are given several types of magical gear that can improve their physical and mental abilities.
- The Four Knights are selected solely on the basis of their fighting ability and not their personality or loyalty.
- Before the current order of the Four Knights, two of the original order were slain by Gazef in a previous war between the Kingdom and the Empire.