Abilities and Powers
Entoma is a spirit based magic caster who relies on insects and talismans in battle. The talismans Entoma scatters only have magic effects, but some of her classes can use them to strengthen magic spells. In a sense, Entoma is not entirely a combat maid, but takes on a support role to assist alongside her fellow Pleiades. Nonetheless, her stats are considerably well-rounded despite playing a support role.
Meanwhile, she can effectively carry out both close combat and ranged attacks using summoned insects, magical attacks, and support using tags (paper talismans). She also has some special abilities as an Arachnoid. While not as adept in close combat, she still excels in a direct fight due to her high level and the versatility of her bugs. Her weak point is that it takes some time to summon insects from talismans.
When the equipment user has successfully resisted a foe's spell, the equipment will likewise also be resistant against it. However, in the case of insect weapons, it is not the equipment user Entoma, but rather the insects themselves which have to do the resisting. Even if Entoma is not affected by their attacks, it will still influence the insect weapon used to resist it. This is one of the shortcomings, although her insect weapons can attack autonomously.
Since she possesses many of these user level-based attacks, Entoma possesses certain skills which are calculated based on her overall character level.
Additionally, Entoma can weave webs as traps to ensnare her foes who fall for it.
- Bullet Bug: Somewhat akin to a bio-Gatling gun.
- Blade Bug: Broad-sword shaped bug that can be used as a sword, even being able to be thrown at enemies and fly back to its master.
- Hard Armor Bug: Shield shaped bug that can effectively be used as a shield.
- Thousand Lash Bug: One of the strongest insects that Entoma can summon. This insect is a giant centipede longer than 10m, with blade-like teeth.
- Shikigami Spider
- Giant Beetle
- Lip Bug: Eats the victim's vocal cords and steals their voice, giving the ability to use the stolen voice to its current wearer. Entoma's original bug was killed during the fight against Evileye, but is later replaced by a bug that eats the voice of Arche.
- Mask Bug: A large flat beetle that looks like a human face, with some minor differences. Entoma uses these as masks to cover her true face.
- Lightning Bird Talisman: Shoots a bird formed by lightning. It is a talisman that flies toward its intended target after transforming in midair into a bird that discharges pale shocks. It emits blinding light and deals electric damage.
- Lightning Bird Swarm Talisman: Shoots numerous birds formed by lightning that are smaller than that of the Lightning Bird Talisman. These can be used to make an area-of-effect attack.
- Explosive Talisman: A talisman that causes a violent explosion. It boasts enough firepower to send enemies flying upon impact.
- Sharp Cutting Talisman: A talisman with the effect of slicing up an opponent's body.
- Spider Talisman: Entoma uses about four pieces of talisman to summon an enormous spider the moment it hits the ground. The level of this spell is equivalent to a 3rd tier Summon Monster spell. These spiders are handy for buying time and determining an enemy's capability.
- Piercing Wind Talisman: A talisman that whips up a storm of wind and attacks the target with it.
- Strengthen Self: Entoma improves her physical abilities with this talisman while simultaneously enhancing her combat ability by equipping herself with different bug-like weapons. The talisman activates when she sticks it to her body.
- Spiderweb: Shoots web from her mouth. Entoma can control whether to use sticky web for capture or sharp web for chopping the enemy.
- Slashing Spiderweb: Like the Spiderweb attack, Entoma can generate a sticky web but with more rigid radiance to it. It is strong enough to split apart Evileye's "Crystal Wall" spell.
- Breath of Fly: Entoma's trump card that can shoot a swarm of small flies and deals piercing damage on their targets. These flies then lay eggs in their victims. The maggots quickly hatch and eat the victim's flesh and rapidly grow to flies, only to repeat the process with new victims. This ability can only be used 3 times per day.
- Keen Sense (Not an official name) : Entoma's compound eyes provide her with a large field of vision. Even if an attack comes from her blind spot, she can easily perceive it with her antennae that react to air displacement.
- Unnamed Maid Armor: In the Web Novel, the skirt part of her maid uniform has a magical defensive plate made of a black magic metal on top of the cloth. In addition to that, it is three plates of magically transformed metal, adamantium, a mix of mithril and beliad, and a magic metal known as Galvoln. Her chest armor also uses this as well. Of course, the magic added is top grade. Data Crystals that only Players that are over level 90 could get are used. If one thinks about its defensive properties, rather than a maid uniform, it is more like Full Platemail armor.
- In the Web Novel, Entoma is a praying mantis-type magical warrior.
- The insect that Entoma uses as her voice box cannot be spawned from POP.
- Evileye associates Entoma's power with the Evil Deities or most likely the Insect Demon God from two hundred years ago as she develops an anti-insect spell against it.