- Main •
- Web Novel
Entoma Vasilissa Zeta (エントマ・ヴァシリッサ・ゼータ, εντομα・βασιλισσα・ζ) is an arachnid battle maid and a member of the "Pleiades Six Stars," the battle maid squad of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. She was created by Genjiro.
Usually, Entoma seems to have the appearance of a young girl wearing traditional Japanese attire. She has bright red eyes that never move or blink. She has mauve hair with twin chignons. She never exposes any bare skin except for her "face."
Her true form is that of an arachnoid, a spider-human hybrid. What acts as her "face" when disguised as a human, is actually an insect in the shape of a mask of a human face. Her hair seems to be rolled centipedes. Though she clearly appears inhuman in her novel illustrations, no one appears to notice her disguise and do not realise she isn't human till she takes her mask off.
She also disguises her voice as that of a young girl by using a leech that can steal the voices of its victims. It is unclear if the victim must be a human. Her own voice is harsh and grating, similar to that of Cocytus. Currently, she is using the voice of Arche Eeb Rile Furt.
Entoma likes to eat humans. Though she does not mind what kind of person she eats, her favourite part of a human happens to be muscular arms of men. If there are no humans to eat, she eats snacks called "green biscuits" instead. She also tends to eat the insects inside the Black Capsule.
Despite treating humans as food, Entoma's nature is not considered extremely evil. If she comes across humans when she is sated and they do not bother her, she will ignore, and not eat them. She enjoys hunting for prey by weaving webs across Nazarick's 3rd and 6th Floors.
According to Entoma, she does not always act like a glutton. She likes to occasionally weave webs as a form of trap for prey. She does so simply for the thrill.
Entoma does not like her original voice. She becomes quiet after losing her fake voice. Thus, she does not speak unless it is necessary to do so in the presence of her master. However, Entoma is the type to harbor grudges towards anyone who damages her clothing or voice, like Evileye did, wishing to exact vengeance on them if the opportunity ever presents itself.
Entoma, like most of the NPCs made by the 41 Supreme Beings, takes immense pride and joy at her physical appearance, role, and job given to her by her creators. During her battle against the Blue Roses, where Gagaran and Evileye constantly insult her, Entoma in particular shows immense anger and hatred towards Evileye for mockingly asking her what kind of "sick freak" would want her to be their maid and serve them. This ends up causing her to enter into an unbalanced/uncontrollable homicidal rage for the insult not only towards her but, also her creator and the other Supreme Beings and severely damaged her sense of pride. Later, she promises Ainz that she would be the one to finish Evileye off, if ever needed. She hopes for Evileye to be the next victim she steals a voice from.
Entoma was created by Genjiro to be one of the battle maids, the Pleiades. They served as a last line of defense against intruders. However, because she is unlikely to be able to stand against enemy players who managed to come this far, her only real purpose was to distract the invaders until the guild members of Ainz Ooal Gown were able to fully prepare for their final stand in the throne room.
The Undead King Arc
- Main article: The Undead King Arc
The Dark Warrior Arc
- Main article: The Dark Warrior Arc
Entoma tries to contact Ainz about a grave situation within Nazarick, but Ainz tells her that he will have to reply back later. Later, after Narberal Gamma defeats Khajiit Dale Badantel, she considers giving his burnt corpse to Entoma as a present.
The Sealed Evil Tree Arc
- Main article: The Sealed Evil Tree Arc
The Lizard Man Heroes Arc
- Main article: The Lizard Man Heroes Arc
Entoma accompanies the invasion force and is ordered to evaluate Cocytus's progress in the upcoming battle against the lizardmen. After Cocytus's forces are defeated, she informs Cocytus about Ainz summoning him back to Nazarick.
The Maid Tea Party Arc
- Main article: The Maid Tea Party Arc
Entoma participates in the monthly Pleiades report and tea party. She is asked by Yuri to prepare the tea and snacks. When Narberal reports regarding her work with Ainz, Entoma and the others get jealous of her closeness with Ainz. She also acts envious towards her sisters, because all of them received orders directly from Ainz while she did not.
While eating, Entoma accidentally spills some blood in Shizu’s drink. Because of this, she is forced to drink it as punishment for ruining her sister's food. When Solution talks about her favourite type of meat, Entoma asks if the quality of the meat really matters, considering the way Solution eats. She supports Solution's idea of asking Ainz to let them have one of the humans that are being interrogated while they're still alive.
The Men in the Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Men in the Kingdom Arc
Nazarick's forces raid Hilma's Mansion. Among the forces, Entoma is the one in charge of killing and eating Hilma's bodyguards. She is spotted by Gagaran while eating a human hand. Gagaran insists on attacking despite being advised otherwise and they start to battle. Entoma overwhelms her at first, but Tia and Evileye join the battle and beat Entoma with the help of Evileye's insecticide spell, losing her Mouth-tongue Bug in the progress. However, just before she's about to be killed, Demiurge appears to her rescue.
She later participates in Demiurge's plan to make Momon a lasting hero in the Re-Estize Kingdom. She, along with the other battle maids, plays the role of Jaldabaoth's underlings. She partners up with Lupusregina Beta and Solution Epsilon. They fights against Nabe and continues to do so until Jaldabaoth orders a retreat.
The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
- Main article: The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
When Ainz inquires Entoma about what she would like as a reward for fulfilling her task in Demiurge's operation, she is given the permission to kill Evileye if she ever shows up again.
Entoma, along with her fellow Pleiades, except for Narberal, encounters Dragon Hunt on the surface of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. After Entoma watches the workers get slaughtered by the Nazarick Old Guarders, she thinks of eating the mutilated arms of the deceased, but is stopped by Yuri, who tells her that all corpses are to be collected for Ainz's experiments and those who survived are to be taken to the torture room. Later, after Arche, a member of the worker group Foresight is killed, she uses her bugs to take Arche's vocal cords for her new voice while the rest of her body is distributed among the residents of Nazarick.
The Pleiades Day Arc
- Main article: The Pleiades Day Arc
Entoma is seen on the surface of the Great Tomb of Nazarick, stationed in the log cabin while acting as a sentry. She is in the middle of snacking as Yuri and Shizu come looking for her.
Upon being asked by Yuri if she is dissatisfied with anything, Entoma says that she wishes to have a place to weave a web of her own somewhere in the tomb.
The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
Entoma contacts Ainz through the [Message] spell. She requests for Ainz' return to Nazarick immediately, which he obliges to.
- In the Web Novel, Entoma's facial features were described as having an extremely noble face, with stiffly bound eyes that could not be seen, a mouth that was closed to the point that it seemed that she disliked talking, glossy black hair that was held up in a side-up hairstyle. Her skin was black. Her maid uniform was black as well and was described to be more armoured in appearance than that of Narberal Gamma.
- Her name 'Entoma Vasilissa' is Greek for 'Insect Queen'.
- In the first episode of Season 1 of the anime, Entoma's Mask Bug is shown with its eyes closed when she and her other sisters initially appear.
- (About Food): "While the fat of women's meat makes it tender and children's meat tastes good despite having less fat, eating the meat of a muscular man is best when trying to lose weight."
- (To Gagaran): "Heh, do you like to spin things around and make woosh woosh sounds?"
- (To herself about Evileye): "What did this woman just say to me? Me, a Pleiades Battle Maid of the Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick, one who serves the Supreme Beings?"
- (To Gagaran, Tia, and Evileye): "OnLy To yOu GuYs! i WIlL Show YOu WhaT TRUe TERrOR MEAnS! aftER KIlliNG YOu GuYS i WiLl TUrN You AlL into COrpse DoLLs!"
- (About Evileye): "tHat lItTle bRaT ToOk mY VoicE! i WAnT To lEt HeR fEeL wHaT iT’S LikE!"
- (About Evileye): "If iT wAs Up tO Me I WoUlD fIgHt hER tO tHe DeATh!"
- (To Ainz about Evileye): "In tHAt cAse...AInZ-sAma, iF tHe cHanCe to kiLL tHat bRaTty giRL sHows uP, pLeASe leT me kNow. I wANt heR to alSo eXpeRIenCe tHe fEeLing of loSiNg heR voICe."