Due to his status as an undead, he hid his appearance behind a red robe that covered his body.
Davernoch was a natural-born undead lich and like many other undead, he was filled with hatred and hostility towards the living. Since Davernoch was among the few undead that still retained some intelligence, he was able to suppress his hatred and maintain relationships with the living in order to improve his skills in using magic.
Despite not having great power as an undead, Davernoch was apparently arrogant enough to proclaim himself as the "Undead King" which means he views himself too highly in spite of still learning magic.
Ever since Daveroch naturally spawned, his sole intent was to master magic the undead couldn't use when he first spawned. But at the same time, he wanted to attain different skills beyond magic as well.
To support his studies, he sought wealth by killing travelers on the road and stealing their valuables. Davernoch's actions caught the attention of the local adventurers in which he was chased away, forcing him to disguise himself as a human and join a group of mercenaries. Eventually, his identity as an undead was discovered due to his unnatural affinity for magic and was forced to flee yet again.
Eventually, Zero discovered Davernoch and made an offer for him to become his subordinate, in exchange for continued magical lessons and money. After many setbacks, the elder lich accepted and thus joined Eight Fingers as part of the security department group called Six Arms.
The Men in the Kingdom Arc
After Succulent was captured by the Re-Estize authorities, Davernoch accompanies the remaining members of Six Arms to the brothel where the incident of his comrade's arrest occurred. He reports to Zero that though the slaves there had been seized, the list of clients had not been found. Davernoch along with the rest of Six Arms concede to Zero's order to find the perpetrator and eliminate him, lest their reputation as Eight Finger's elite security force becomes slandered.
Abilities and Powers
- Orb of Magical Boost (Lightning & Fireball)
- Cloak of Fire Protection
- Deflection Ring
- Fireball: A 3rd tier spell that allows the caster to summon a large fireball that is used for attacks.
- Lightning: A 3rd tier spell that shoots a bolt of lightning.
Zero was Daveroch's benefactor and the one who gave him access to methods to enhance his magical skills. While Zero's gesture of assistance surprised the lich, he never forgot his goal to become a master of the undead and his hatred for life.
- Davernoch was the first native elder lich of the New World to appear in the Overlord series.
- He called himself Undead King, causing Sebas to lose his patience and show his anger.
- Despite being an Elder Lich, a monster with an average level of 30 who should be able to use magic up to the 5th tier, Davernoch could only use 3rd tier magic since he was still an Apprentice.
- In Mass for the Dead, Davernoch becomes the head of the slave trade in Zero's nascent criminal empire. He is later killed by Soi as she found his title as "Undead King" to be undeserving.
- (To Zero): "I'd like to get my hands on it. We can use it for all sorts of blackmail."
- (To Six Arms): "That said, if Succulent lost, that does not indicate the foe is very strong, no?"
- (To Six Arms): "He is far weaker than us once you see through his illusions. He's good against people he outmatches, but he'll go down against any decent opposition. Did you not know that?"
- (To Sebas Tian): "...You talk big, human."
- (To Sebas): "Don't underestimate us, human."