|Judging from the current state of this page, there is no available image on the Overlord Fandom as of yet to help emphasize its appearance. Since it is lacking visuals, this article requires an image for the first time, the kind which should be high quality and distinguishable. Unknown Intruder, you could go out of your way to assist the Overlord Wiki by adding an image that came from any Overlord adaptation to it. It cannot be a fan-art or fan-made. You must upload the official ones visually drawn by the main producers of the light novel, manga and anime adaptations.|
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Count Naüa appears to be over forty. He had a tanned body and a scent that was more akin to that of waves crashing upon a skerry than that of a warrior’s. From the smell alone you could tell that he was a man whose life depended on the sea.
The top of his head was completely bald, but the sides and back of his head still had remnants from the lusciousness of his youth. He would try his best to comb them upwards to cover up the wasteland that is the top of his head. Though resembling that of a fisherman, his garment was that of a first-class noble’s; thus, one could easily distinguish his status.
Personality[edit | edit source]
The count appears to be somewhat incompetent, his leadership skills have much to be desired. His tone did not match his appearance at all and was generally undignified. Even when pressed against the wall with the threat of a battle, he had fanciful ideas that everything would be fine. He laments that he wished that the war with the Sorcerer Kingdom would have happened in five years from now, as then his son would have to be dealing with this. Though he can be quick-witted at times, he understands that running would not solve anything and thus refused to flee from hist city as his conscience would weigh heavy for those left behind.
Background[edit | edit source]
Count Naüa’s lineage had been researching seafood for generations in order to secure the bragging rights that they had the best seafood in the entire Kingdom. He has four children; his wife gave birth to his eldest son and third son. While his concubine gave birth to his second son and eldest daughter.
Chronology[edit | edit source]
The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc[edit | edit source]
- Main article: The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
Count Naüa with adventurer Scama Elbero observed the subsequent invasion force from of the Sorcerer Kingdom. Using his influence, he called all magic casters from various organizations to participate in the defense of the city. While the noble was hopefully that they would survive this, Scama was more realistic and thought that the best strategy would be to run given that their opponent was the Sorcerer Kingdom. However, the count rejected the idea of running away and pleads to Scama to not forsake him and his city residents which the latter admits no intention of doing. As he and Scama discussed what they heard from a surviving baron and his family surrender, the two feel it will be unlikely for the enemy to allow them to survive even if they want to give up and not fight back. Knowing that the populace who were left behind have been converted into zombies by the enemy, the Count and Scama came to realize that the possibility of them dying is not so far off.
With how Scama is assessing the situation, he learned from her that the Sorcerer Kingdom has no intention of allowing any of the Kingdom's residents to live. However, before they could go on any longer with the conversation, he and Scama had to attend to their gathered forces who took noticed of their absence. During a rally with his soldiers, Four Armaments and the Magic Caster Unit, he promised to reward them with money and amazing rewards for participating in the war effort. Among the items that he offered was the Five Colors Holy Sword. He eventually got into an awkward conversation with Lilynette Piani, after he made a comment of wishing to make her his son's concubine. The perverted priest tried to sell him the idea of marrying her to his twelve-year-old son. Their conversation was brought to an end by Scama who diverted their attention to more serious concerns.
Abilities and Powers[edit | edit source]
A noble, the count appears to have full control over his territory. Additionally, he was without any combat prowess.
Main Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Five Colors Holy Sword: A family heirloom passed down for generations.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
The two appear to be comfortable working with each other. Despite Scama looking down on his abilities, he doesn't hold it against her.
The count was initially entranced by her looks and wanted to make her his eldest's son's concubine, however, after being exposed to her shotacon behavior, he had second thoughts. He grew more disturbed after she revealed how acquainted she was on the information on his youngest son.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Said family research produced a sauce, made by mixing soy sauce and honey, used to glaze over other ingredients. Heat had to be controlled precisely during the grilling process to prevent the sauce from burning. All of this accumulated into the creation of E-Naüru style grilled fish, a story that was quite widespread.
- It was said that the Count’s eldest son was a suitable replacement for him, as he was not as outstanding as his father. That said, there were people who believed that his son could gain a leg up on him with enough experience.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- (To Lilynette Piani): "my son — I wish that you could become my son’s concubine."
- (To Scama Herbelot): "Though I was the one who raised that suggestion. Wait, why is she drooling? Is she actually after my son or the magic item?"
- (To Lilynette Piani): "...I have underestimated you...If you came along earlier, I would have made you my eldest son's concubine."
- (To Lilynette Piani): "You thought that was worth emphasizing!? You thought that, of all the things that I have said so far, that was the thing that was most worthy of emphasizing!?"
- (To Lilynette Piani): "...You’re the last person I wanted to hear that from."