Chaos Zone (混沌領域) is an otherworldly dimension where the Chaos Beasts emerged in Mass for the Dead.
Needless to say, it is not clear what is waiting. Different enemies existences are assumed like Shadows. Their behavior is unexpected, and the situation is left to the discretion.
Momonga who is interested in this strange phenomenon sends a team to survey this mysterious space and bring back as much useful information and resources as possible for himself and the Great Tomb of Nazarick.
In a Chaos Zone, strange shadows lurk in the background and appear vaguely humanoid.
The Chaos Zone manifests as a crack in reality leading to a void-like dimension filled with purple-blue fog where many monsters lurk. The zone serves as a special event zone and periodic occurs in the game at designated times:
- March 13, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
- April 19, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
- May 8, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
- June 12, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
- August 19, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
- September 12, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
- November 20, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
- January 5, 2020 @ 3:00 PM
- April 10, 2020 @ 3:00 PM
- June 12, 2020 @ 3:00 PM
- The Chaos Zone allows players in the game to acquire point rewards and ranking rewards by accumulating event points that can be earned by completing quests.
- In a special game event, the Takemikazuchi Shrine was created within specialized Chaos Zone.
- In a chapter of the main story of the game, the visual of the Chaos Zone was reused as the setting for the world created by Depiction of Nature and Society.