- Main •
- Web Novel
CZ2I28 Delta (シーゼットニイチニハチ・デルタ/CZ2I28・Δ) AKA "Shizu" is an automaton battle maid and a member of the "Pleiades Six Stars," the battle maid squad of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. She was created by Garnet.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Background
- 4 Chronology
- 4.1 The Undead King Arc
- 4.2 The Bloody Valkyrie Arc
- 4.3 The Sealed Evil Tree Arc
- 4.4 The Two Leaders Arc
- 4.5 The Dark Hero's Story Arc
- 4.6 The Maid Tea Party Arc
- 4.7 The Men in the Kingdom Arc
- 4.8 The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
- 4.9 The Pleiades Day Arc
- 4.10 The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc
- 4.11 The Paladin of the Holy Kingdom Arc
- 4.12 Mass for the Dead Arc
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Quotes
- 7 References
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Navigation
CZ Delta is a girl who is short in stature and has red-gold straight long hair. She wears an eyepatch over her left eye, while her right eye has an emerald color and target-mark on the pupil. Her face is very delicate, it looks as if it was artificially crafted by hand. She wears accessories with military camouflage patterns. While her face is beautiful, she does not show her emotions and talks in a flat tone.
Her attire is similar to that of Narberal Gamma and Yuri Alpha. However, the biggest difference between her attire and theirs are her urban camouflage accessories and the cute sticker attached to a corner of her skirt with '1 yen' written on it. The other significant difference is the white gun she often has holstered on her waist similar to how one would wear a sword.
CZ2I28 Delta appears emotionless and has a silent nature. Her Karma is relatively high, which makes her, along with Yuri Alpha, one of the two "safe" Pleiades to humans. Though she usually ignores conversations from humans, sometimes there is a possibility to communicate with her.
CZ2I28 Delta hates cannibalism, but likes cute things, such as Eclair Ecleir Eicler. At the same time, she also takes pleasure in hugging the struggling Eclair like a doll. She often hugs things she finds cute until someone of authority tells her to let go. She also pastes a One-Yen Sticker on the things that she likes.
CZ2I28 Delta was created by Garnet to be one of the battle maids, the Pleiades. They served as a last line of defense against intruders. However, because she is unlikely to be able to stand against enemy players who managed to come this far, her only real purpose was to distract the invaders until the guild members of Ainz Ooal Gown were able to fully prepare for their final stand in the throne room.
CZ2I28 Delta's creator was one of the Supreme Beings, other than Tabula Smaragdina, responsible for the design of the Treasury's security systems in Nazarick. Thus, her character settings were set to be familiar with Nazarick's mechanism unlocking methods. CZ's knowledge of those mechanisms had been part of the backstory her creator had made for her.
She is the most popular member of the Pleiades among the Homunculus Maids. The Homunculus Maids even fight among themselves to sit next to her and some of them even want a hug pillow of her.
The Undead King Arc
- Main article: The Undead King Arc
The Bloody Valkyrie Arc
- Main article: The Bloody Valkyrie Arc
CZ silently greets Ainz upon his return to Nazarick in the Treasury with Albedo and Yuri Alpha. Together, they make their way through the Treasury's defenses with ease due to their undead and artificial statuses. Entering the inner Treasury, the group encounters "Tabula Smaragdina." Sensing something amiss, Albedo realizes the one standing before them is a fake and orders for the impostor's destruction. Both CZ and Yuri are hesitant to attack the form of the Supreme Being. The situation is defused when Ainz orders Pandora's Actor to reveal himself. After Ainz retrieves the World Items and bequeaths Pandora's Actor with a Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown, she assists Pandora's Actor in moving the treasure to the Throne Room.
The Sealed Evil Tree Arc
- Main article: The Sealed Evil Tree Arc
The Two Leaders Arc
- Main article: The Two Leaders Arc
CZ appears in the Nazarick canteen holding Eclair like a plush doll. Because she is the most popular of the Pleiades among the Homunculus Maids, the maids soon start to invite her to eat with them. Ignoring the maids, she looks around the canteen for someone. CZ sees Lupusregina and says that she finally found who she was looking for. She tells Lupusregina to stop using invisibility so much, but Lupusrgina replies that it is her usual habit.
The Dark Hero's Story Arc
- Main article: The Dark Hero's Story Arc
CZ is selected to help Yuri as the host of an auction made by the Floor Guardians. She helps Yuri by collecting the requests made by the guardians. She lets out a single "uwah" after reading one of the inappropriate requests.
The Maid Tea Party Arc
- Main article: The Maid Tea Party Arc
CZ Delta participates in the monthly Pleiades report and tea party along with her sisters. When Narberal reports her work with Ainz, she and the others get jealous of her due to her closeness to Ainz and she states that Narberal is being cocky. She reports her work with Yuri as they hold the 1st Great Tomb of Nazarick Love Love Ainz-sama Guardians' Special Grand Auction and says that it is a terrible name. CZ gets angry when Entoma accidentally spills blood in her drink. She decides to make Entoma drink it as a punishment.
The Men in the Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Men in the Kingdom Arc
CZ Delta participates in Demiurge's Plan to make Momon a lasting hero in the Re-Estize Kingdom. She plays the part along with the other battle maids to act as Jaldabaoth's underlings with her face disguised with a mask. She partners with Yuri Alpha. They fight against Evileye and continue to do so until Jaldabaoth orders a retreat.
The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
- Main article: The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
CZ, along with her fellow Pleiades except for Narberal, encounters Dragon Hunt on the surface of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. They were sent to see if the Nazarick Old Guarders are able to capture enemies trying to escape from the tomb. To her and the other Pleiades' surprise, Dragon Hunt decide to stay and fight. She and her sisters try to cheer for the Dragon Hunt workers, but they are easily slaughtered by the Nazarick Old Guarders.
The Pleiades Day Arc
- Main article: The Pleiades Day Arc
While invisible, CZ hugs one of Aura's Spear Needles, much to its dismay, on the 6th Floor. Aura brings this matter to Yuri Alpha when the latter is looking for CZ. When Yuri attempts to extract her sister from the magical beast, CZ refuses to let go until Yuri tells her that she is under orders from Ainz, allowing the Spear Needle to escape. CZ explains that since Eclair has been avoiding her, she came to the 6th Floor because it is full of cute animals that she can cuddle. To brighten CZ's mood, Yuri promises to tell Ainz, who perhaps might give her a pet of her own.
The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc
- Main article: The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc
CZ is mentioned by Ainz when he states that he tested his Control Amnesia spell on her. Fortunately, no problems were found with her after the test.
The Paladin of the Holy Kingdom Arc
- Main article: The Paladin of the Holy Kingdom Arc
Either CZ or her Doppel-maid participates in the fight against Ainz along with Jaldaboath as part of a mock battle in the city. Prior to the start of the battle, CZ's combat abilities are enhanced thanks to Aureole Omega. Once the fight commences, she is given the task of hiding in one of the buildings secretly. There, she will shoot her magic bullets at Ainz, disrupting him from successfully casting his spells.
Later not long after Ainz supposedly falls in battle, CZ shows up in the Holy Kingdom's Liberation base of operations, now supposedly under the Sorcerer King's direct authority. As a security precaution, she is put in chains and placed under house arrest in one of the abandoned noble houses. It is around this time that the Zern representative, Beebeebee, comes to request the humans to liberate their prince in return for their co-operation. Prince Caspond uses this as an opportunity to test CZ's supposed loyalty. He hopes to increase their chances of success and appoints her to work with Neia Baraja on rescuing the prince and liberating the city of Kalinsha. After getting to know each other and easing the tense situation between the two, both Neia and CZ decide they will carry out the rescue together and start to form a bond over their loyalty to the Sorcerer King.
The two infiltrate the demi-human occupied city of Kalinsha through the Zern help by hiding inside of barrels which are covered in meat to hide their scent. After they reach the base of the castle, they climb up the walls and reach the room that was prepared by the Zern by having a rope tied to a cupboard so they can reach the room underneath. Thus they carefully infiltrate the inner halls and reach the prince's room, which is guarded by two very powerful Vah Uns. After a bit of long struggle, they are both defeated, one at the guard station and one when they were crossing the walkway. Then they meet with the Zern prince, Beebeezee, and inform him about the Zerns. After he is informed that they came to his rescue and that his father, the king, has been killed, he immediately goes with them to meet the other Zerns to figure out what to do next.
When he is discussing their future with other Zerns, Neia suggests they go to the Sorcerer Kingdom as refugees, which surprises both him and CZ. After some deliberations, they decide to go along with her suggestion; only to learn that one of the three demon commanders will arrive in their location shortly. It is then decided this will be their chance to take out one of Jaldabaoth's commanders and cripple the alliance organization. So CZ, Neia, the Prince, and his followers join forces to battle the demon and win. Thus, they later ensure victory for all parties involved; with the city of Kalinsha re-captured and both CZ and Neia become heroes for their success in the operation.
CZ continues to support Neia as she uses her new fame to form the Sorcerer King's Rescue Team and helps her with various works. When the final battle at Prart begins, she is seen at Neia's side to also protect her. Their team battles the demi-human force alongside the rest of the Holy Kingdom Liberation Army. Once Ainz puts an end to Jaldaboath's terror through killing the demon, they cheer on and congratulate him for his victory.
|NOTICE: The following section and subsequent subsections are considered NON-CANON to the Overlord Light Novels. |
Mass for the Dead Arc
- Main article: Mass for the Dead Arc
(To Be Added)
- In the Web Novel, CZ2I28 Delta was created by Tabula Smaragdina.
- Her favorite food is a drink with extremely high calories. It tastes like strawberries, chocolate, and banana. Interestingly, she shared a chocolate drink with Neia Baraja.
- She is referred to as just CZ by Yuri Alpha in the second Drama CD. Narberal also calls her by CZ in the trailer of the second Drama CD. Thus, it is likely that her other sisters will also call her CZ as well.
- It can be presumed that CZ2I28 Delta was not created by Garnet until or after YGGDRASIL was updated with "Valkyrie's Downfall" patch.
- She's the first NPC who formally makes a friend of an inhabitant of the New World.
- The first two letters of her name CZ are likely in reference to a firearms manufacturer, also referencing the fact her weapons happen to be a firearm.
- In Mass For The Dead at the End of her Chaos Memory, she is gifted with a Spear Needle Pup by Lord Momonga.
- (To Aura and Yuri): "...Ainz-sama is the nicest of all the Supreme Beings because he stayed behind."
- (To Yuri about Neuronist Painkill): "...Neuronist is androgynous and thus has no gender, but why does it call itself 'onee-chan'?"
- (To Neia): "...Chocolate-flavored. Calories are a little high...around 2000, But don’t worry. Eating good food and getting fat is a long-cherished ambition for women, according to a certain great person."
- (To Neia about Ultimate Shooting Star Super): "He lent you an excellent runecrafted weapon. You should spread the word of Ainz-sama's greatness."
- (To Neia): "It is a shame, but also true. Well, I know you must be shocked. I understand very well. Still, that is where you stand now. However, if you work for Ainz-sama, someday you will be able to call him Ainz-sama too. Devote yourself to it."
- (To Neia): "...Neia. It is a predecessor's duty to teach those who come after them."
- (To Neia): "...Don't mention it. One must show kindness to those who know of Ainz-sama's greatness."
- (To Neia): "This I swear in the name of the Supreme One, Ainz Ooal Gown-sama...However, if Neia dies and is resurrected, that still counts as keeping my word, right?"
- (To Neia): "...If you knew how strong the henchman demon was, you and the others might have been afraid and not carried out the operation. But for the sake of Ainz-sama's victory...we must win this battle. That was why I lied."
- (To Neia): "...Good girl. If you were cuter, I'd put a sticker on you. Maybe a furry sticker."
- (To Neia): "...Neia. I like you. Now that I've gotten used to it, your face is quite cute."