- Main •
- Web Novel
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Background
- 4 Chronology
- 5 Abilities and Powers
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Quotes
- 9 References
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Navigation
Baziwood is a middle-aged man with blue eyes, blond hair, and a beard.
Baziwood is described to have an excessively informal personality. He was taught and corrected, but the status of his common birth was occasionally evident in his speech. Even to his liege, he remains blunt and honest, forgoing formalities.
A commoner born in a back alley, Baziwood understood that he would die in that alley if he did not obtain the power to survive. For that very reason, he set his eyes on becoming a knight. He eventually distinguished himself and caught Jircniv's attention. Through hard work he became a noble with the rank of count. His wives and lovers all came from brothels, and the five of them live under the same roof. He has very good relationships with these women.
The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
- Main article: The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
- Main article: The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
Baziwood accompanies Emperor Jircniv, Fluder Paradyne, and the imperial delegation to Nazarick to officially apologize to Ainz Ooal Gown. After leaving Nazarick, he believes that Shalltear is not a powerful being and she is simply chosen as Ainz's aide due to her intelligence, and theorizing that she manages the state affairs of Nazarick.
The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc
- Main article: The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc
Baziwood and his comrade, Nimble, escort Emperor Jircniv to the Imperial Arena for a secret meeting with the High Priests of the Empire and the emissaries of the Slane Theocracy. When Ainz revealed himself as the challenger to the Martial Lord, he and Nimble prevent the two High Priests from leaving until the end of the match.
Baziwood is shocked when the Emperor suggested to Ainz that the Empire become the Sorcerer Kingdom's vassal. He is saddened when Jircniv explains that it was the only option left to them, but remains hopeful that they would still hold some autonomy.
The Current Situation of Various People. A Prologue Arc
- Main article: The Current Situation of Various People. A Prologue Arc
By this time Baziwood had married two more women, both former nobles from Jircniv's purge and working as prostitutes. While his emperor was having a meeting with Pe Riyuro, Baziwood was in the waiting room to give them privacy and met with Nimble. The two discussed the two empty vacancies of the Four Imperial Knights and the lack of finding people with the right qualifications. Some possibilities for a replacement turned to the Martial Lords like Kullervo Palantynen, a gladiator at the Imperial arena, who Baziwood mentioned. One Martial Lord, a former noble, in particular was brought up as a possibility join the Imperial knights. However, they lamented that none of the noble circles responded to the endorsement to fill the vacancies. When the subject turned towards marriage and family, Baziwood told his own concerns with his family and being unable to provide. However, Nimble comforted him stating that he was a good man. Baziwood had a question of his own as to why Nimble was still single which the other knight confessed that he was afraid of women. Confused, Baziwood asked about his relationship with their former comrade Leinas, Nimble stated that there nothing between them. The two eventually were allowed to meet with the emperor. It was there Baziwood noticed a ring on the emperor's desk, which Jircniv explained was a gift from the Sorcerer King. Nimble later presented a message from Prime Minister Albedo. The emperor, taking a look at the parchment and found it was an invitation for a ceremony to welcome someone known as the Faceless One from the Roble Holy Kingdom. The emperor, not feeling to attend the ceremony, then ordered Nimble to act as his representative for the occasion.
|NOTICE: The following section and subsequent subsections are considered NON-CANON to the Overlord Light Novels.|
Mass for the Dead Arc
- Main article: Mass for the Dead Arc
When Jircniv arrived to E-Rantel in what was to be his triumph of becoming leader of the Tripartite Alliance, a horde of Chaos Beasts coming from the Northern Cave threatened the city. Baziwood and the Four Imperial Knights fought with the united forces of the Alliance. To defeat the leader of the horde, he and the Four Knights helped the adventurer Lakyus cut through the monsters so she could slay it. Their victory was short-lived as once they defeated the horde an even greater one was approaching the weakened defenders. A deal is struck by the emperor with an outside party, Jaldabaoth and his demon cohorts. Baziwood and his fellow knights witnessed the demons obliterate an army of thirty thousand Chaos Beasts. After the slaughter, the demons demanded their payment which was the riches of the city and also Jircniv's life. Though the first part of the deal was agreed, the life of the emperor was not, causing the knights to quickly attack Jaldaboth to defend Jircniv. The knights put up a valiant effort to kill Jaldabaoth who easily defeats them and kills Nazami Enec. Baziwood and the others were spared death as the demon found them boring.
Abilities and Powers
Baziwood is regarded as the strongest of the Four Imperial Knights and one of the strongest warriors of the Empire. He has a mithril full body armor that was lightened, and adamantite weapons. He also possesses the standard equipment of the Four Imperial Knights.
Baziwood is loyal to Emperor Jircniv and the Baharuth Empire, performing his duty as one of the strongest imperial knights in the Empire. While he was not very loyal at first, he actually began to respect for Jircniv after spending some time as his guardian. He might well be the most loyal man to the Emperor in the Empire.
- In the Web Novel, the name Lightning Bolt comes from his weapon.
- In both the Light Novel and Web Novel, when the Imperial Delegation encountered Nazarick's Death Knights, Baziwood suggested they take Yuri Alpha as a hostage.
- After the meeting with Ainz Ooal Gown, he was among three people that sat in counsel with Emperor Jircniv.
- In the Web Novel, Baziwood had once been contacted by many nobles. Some of them even tried to give their daughters to him. If he accepted all of them, he said he would have over 50 wives of varying ages.
- (To Jircniv about Yuri Alpha and the Death Knights): "...Forgive me. In truth, I feel that the maid is even more powerful than the Death Knights. They're certainly more mysterious...ah, look at her, she doesn’t even care that we're talking about such things right in front of her. How frightening..."
- (To Jircniv about Ainz): "Ah, yes, his presence was truly formidable. It felt like he was more of a leader than our Emperor."
- (To Jircniv about the residents in Nazarick): "Well, rather than call it a monster gallery, you could say it's a wealth of talent..."
- (To Jircniv): "Eh? Me too? Your Majesty, we should have brought a maid along, shouldn't we? Our guests would probably find the drinks tastier if a girl was serving them. I mean, I know I would."
- (To Jircniv about Ainz): "Ahh, this is really...how shall I put this. He really put the boot in. He hit you right in your weak spot. Something like that."
- (To Jircniv jokingly about Ainz): "Is it possible that he's not thinking about anything at all?"
|Officials and Soldiers|
|Workers and Adventurers|