Automatons appear to have the body of a machine. According to Ainz, Automatons were programmed not to display even the slightest hint of emotions from their face and eyes.
Automatons were a race who are immune to poison as part of their racial immunities. Among the kind of weapons they can equipped in battle, Automatons like CZ2128 possessed the capabilities of using firearms and firing it at their foes from afar. They could even manipulate parts of their machine body for other miscellaneous purposes.
- CZ2128 Delta is the only Automaton introduced in the Overlord series.
- After Valkyrie's Downfall patch came out, the Automaton race was made available in YGGDRASIL.
- Automatons can be written with the kind of backstory where they have some knowledge regarding a dungeon's mechanisms and solving it.
- It was highly suggested by Ainz Ooal Gown that there may exist more than one CZ2128 Delta in the Great Tomb of Nazarick, but as separate mechanisms used for unknown purposes.
- The Waste City of Vilisyrteria was known to possess a factory capable of producing automatons.