- Main •
- Web Novel
Arche Eeb Rile Furt (アルシェ・イーブ・リリッツ・フルト) was the magic caster of the worker group Foresight who volunteered to investigate a mysterious tomb. She was also a former noble of the Furt Family and studied at the Imperial Magic Academy.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Background
- 4 Chronology
- 5 Abilities and Powers
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Quotes
- 9 References
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Navigation
Arche is a young woman in her adolescence with petite build, short bob cut blonde hair with straight bangs and blue eye. She possessed an elegant beauty and delicate, doll-like features.
Arche was a genius young girl amongst the magic casters in the imperial magic academy. On the other hand, she would actually be more of a silent hard worker than just being a talented person. She was almost close to fully reaching the limits of her growth potential.
Arche was born to the noble Furt family of the Baharuth Empire. After discovering her potential in magic, she enrolled to the Imperial Magic Academy to further her studies as a magic caster and was praised as a genius for she has learned spells a tier higher than rest of her peers. Furthermore, she possesses a innate talent similar to the Imperial Court Wizard and the academy’s headmaster, Fluder Paradyne. Both of said attributes eventually reached Fluder’s attention and earned her place among his group of apprentices, the Chosen Thirty. Her life, however, changes following the ascension of Emperor Jircniv to the throne. Her family is among many whose noble status has been stripped away after deeming themselves incompetent in the young emperor’s eyes. Even so, because they refuse to accept their new reality, her parents repeatedly borrow money to continue the lavish lifestyle as if they were still nobles and they fell into debt, much to Arche’s frustration and disgust.
Following the emperor’s purge, she left the academy, much to Fluder’s disappointment. With no other options, she was forced to become a worker, desperately taking up job after job, some presumably illegal, to repay her family's constant debt. It was then she joined Foresight, a worker group led by Hekkeran Termite to take on more co-op missions, eventuality proving herself to be an important member of the group.
The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
- Main article: The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
Arche and Roberdyck Goltron returned and met up with Hekkeran Termite and Imina. Hekkeran asked about the moneylender to Arche. She confessed that her family was in debt due to the extravagance of her parents' spending habits. Considering Arche's circumstances, though they deny that they are worried about her, Foresight decided to accept the quest from Count Femel to investigate the large tomb. Arche later returned home and scolded her father for wasting money as if they were still nobles. She then went to see her younger twin sisters and decided to get away from home and take her sisters with her when she finished the quest.
Arche and her companions soon arrived and discovered a huge amount of treasure in the four affiliated tombs. She and her companions would venture deeper into the underground tomb, and as they expected, more treasures along the way. However, they were then teleported to the 6th Floor's Colosseum and ended up meeting Ainz Ooal Gown and other Floor Guardians. Desperately, Hekkeran tried to deceive him, but Ainz saw through his lies and fought them as a warrior. Later, Ainz decided to reveal his true power. This turn of event caused the terrified Arche to vomit, not only once, but twice, after witnessing the overwhelming presence Ainz actually had. Knowing that they're outmatched against Ainz, Arche's comrades told her to escape as they would stall him for her.
Arche tried to flee whilst being chased by Shalltear Bloodfallen. Her pursuer repeatedly taunts her as her attempts to attack and evade prove futile. Suddenly, she was hit by an invisible wall. Shalltear eventually cornered her and confirmed that she’s underground. Overwhelmed by this revelation and despaired realizing there is no escape. In her final moments, all Arche could think of was her twin sisters whom she dearly loved and fainted from mental shock after Shalltear reveals her true form before subsequently killed. Afterward, her corpse was harvested for resources: Entoma took her voice, Demiurge her skin, several undead her limbs, a Silk Hat Demon her head, and the leftovers became food.
|NOTICE: The following section and subsequent subsections are considered NON-CANON to the Overlord Light Novels.|
Mass for the Dead Arc
- Main article: Mass for the Dead Arc
Arche came to E-Rantel with her comrades and hired by Jircniv Rune Farlord El-Nix. They trained with other workers at the Quarry under the command of Zero and Six Arms. Though some of her comrades loathed with work with a few characters. Arche and her team participated in a plan to cull the Chaos Beast horde approaching E-Rantel. The Bloody Emperor used the workers to lure the horde of Chaos Beasts into a trap. Arche was among those that fell into the trap. The magic caster was the last to be dissolved her last thoughts going to her younger sisters.
The girl's death would eventually reach her family who were unaware of her whereabouts at the time. News of demise would be passed to the Furt Family when an imperial messenger delivered Arche's payment for her posthumous service. Her death affected her father greatly, finally snapping him out of his false reality and accept that he was no longer a noble. In her death the money from Arche's last job was enough to pay the family's debt and also convince him to be wiser with spending and direct his focus on pursuing a path of revenge on the emperor.
Abilities and Powers
By adventurer standards, Arche would be equivalent to a mithril-rank adventurer, which makes her a very capable arcane magic caster as she was able cast 3rd tier spell despite her young age, which earn her apprenticeship of Fluder Paradyne, who is regarded as the strongest wizard in the Baharuth Empire. In addition, she possess an innate talent called the "All-Seeing Eyes", which allows her see the tier of a magic caster. Though initially as a student cultivated her magical talents for academic purposes, she further honed it for combat by necessity after joining Foresight and, with her scholarly background, prove to be invaluable to their survival on several occasions.
While Fluder believed Arche has the potentially to be his peer, if not surpass him, she almost reached the limits of her growth potential.
- Continual Light: A spell that allows the user to enchant an item to emit brightness.
- Dark Vision: A spell that grants the user night vision abilities.
- Flash:A spell that causes the caster's body to emit bright, searing light.
- Fly: A 3rd tier spell that gives the caster the ability to fly.
- Invisibility: A spell that temporarily renders the caster invisible or undetectable to conventional vision.
- Lightning: A 3rd tier spell that fires a deadly bolt of electricity that pierces all targets in a straight line. Arche claims this was her strongest spell.
- Magic Arrow: A 1st tier spell that launches arrows made of magic.
- Reinforce Armor: A spell that raises the target's defense.
Sir Furt & Madame Furt
Arche, unlike her parents, does not think highly of her lineage after losing her nobility status. In a way, because of that, she was able to easily adapt to their new status as commoners after they were removed from their position and high status during the Blood Emperor's purges. She hated her parents very much, who were unable to accept the reality that they were heavily in debt. While they would continue to live in a prodigal lifestyle by spending money recklessly, which constantly puts the family into financial trouble every single day, she went out of her way to clear up or even reduce their debt as a worker. She was disgusted with how they resorted to borrowing money from shady, possibly criminal places without her considerations. Based on these circumstances, Arche was forced to become a more driven person in life over the course of time, due to now being the main provider for her family and set her sight's on earning enough. With that kind of mindset, Arche thinks hopefully that there will be a day where she will be able to repay the debt collector and remove their financial troubles once and for all. However despite her constant reminders to her father and mother to accept reality and move on and their complete obliviousness to her sacrifices and efforts to keep them feed and taken care, Arche has now resolved herself to leave them completely once she pays of their debt and move away from them together wit her younger siblings.
Arche loves her sisters very dearly. They were her main motivation of becoming a worker and worked tirelessly to ensure they’re provided for. She thought that protecting the cheerful smiles of her sisters was her responsibility. After their parents prove themselves beyond reason, Arche was planning to running away with her sisters to live elsewhere, away from their parents and their growing debt.debt.
Hekkeran is Arche's comrade, leader, and friend. Hekkeran agreed in letting Arche have the entire prize of the mission to pay her family's debt, saying she can always repay him later. He was willing to sacrifice himself to buy time for Arche and his comrades to escape from the Great Tomb of Nazarick.
Roberdyck is Arche's comrade and friend. He showed displeasure when he heard about Arche's parents, saying that they should hear the voice of God, or perhaps his fists first. Roberdyck agreed in letting Arche have the entire prize of the mission to pay her family's debt, saying she can always repay him later. He was willing to sacrifice himself to buy time for Arche to escape from the Great Tomb of Nazarick. He tried to ask Ainz to be merciful with her but failed.
Imina is Arche's comrade and friend. Imina agreed in letting Arche having the entire prize of the mission to pay her family's debt, saying she can always repay later. She was willing to sacrifice herself to buy time for Arche to escape from the Great Tomb of Nazarick, saying she still had her sisters to take care of.
Fluder was Arche's teacher in the Imperial Magic Academy. He believed that she had the potential to eventually reach his rank, however, she decided to drop out after her nobility was stripped, making her teacher feel shame for her. Not wanting to see her potential wasted, Fluder made several attempts searching for her, to no avail.
In an ironic twist of fate, Fluder unknowingly played an indirect role in her death as she is among the worker groups he had send, through proxy, to test Nazarick’s defenses at Ainz’s behest. And Arche and her sisters’ tragic fates would have been avoided had she turn to her former mentor for help as Fluder is willing to provide for her in exchange for her continued apprenticeship.
Because of her innate talent, she could see Ainz's magic power. She was overwhelmed with fear and hysteria once she saw his true power, saying that word "monster" isn't enough to describe him, and that she and Foresight didn't have any chance of defeating him.
- In the Web Novel, she became Shalltear's sex toy and she also teaches Ainz how to dance. She was also given the privilege to later live life as a civilian in a log cabin on the 6th Floor with her sisters.
- In the Web Novel, Arche was Jet's senior and the one who inspired him to study magic at the Imperial Magic Academy. She also developed the Brand of the Thief and had the opportunity to enter the Ministry of Magic.
- Maruyama stated on his website that, after Arche failed to return, her parents sold both her sisters into slavery to start paying off their debts. There, the two eventually died from overwork. Overall, entering Nazarick despite the warning signs was only Arche's second mistake. Her first one was not taking her sisters and fleeing from her family sooner, especially since the Imperial Magic Academy would've likely taken her back without any fee due to her talent.
- (To the members of Foresight): "—Even now my parents still live the same lifestyle as before. Of course we can't afford the cost. That's why my parents ended up borrowing money from shady places."
- (To the members of Foresight): "—Please calm down. It's already gotten to this stage, what I want to say is, depending on the situation I plan on taking my sisters away from my parents."
- (To Hekkeran): "—That's fine. For someone who's in need of money, I can understand that my vote would be compromised because of my debt issue."
- (To her parents): "—I'm no longer going to send money home. I will take my sisters with me and live elsewhere."
- (To the members of Foresight): "I won't let my comrades do anything unethical. I've already witnessed several people die because of their greed."
- (To the members of Foresight about Ainz Ooal Gown): "We can't beat him! His strength is on a totally different level! Even the word monster can't describe him!"
- (To the members of Foresight about Ainz Ooal Gown): "Everyone, we have to flee now! That's not a being humans can beat! It's an unbelievable monster!"
- (To Shalltear in regard to the creators of Nazarick): "...They created a world? That would make them like gods..."
|Officials and Soldiers|
|Workers and Adventurers|