Ampetif Cocco Doll (アンペティフ・コッコドール) was the leader of the slave trafficking department of the criminal organization Eight Fingers. He was freed from by his comrades during Re-Estize's Destruction to rejoin the orginazation now under the control of Nazarick
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Background
- 4 Chronology
- 5 Abilities and Powers
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Quotes
- 9 References
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Navigation
Appearance[edit | edit source]
A skinny man, with eyes filled with lust, like those of a snake trying to determine if the prey would fit inside his mouth.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Cocco Doll is apparently a homosexual as he asked Succulent to capture Climb with lewd intentions.
He is also vindictive, wanting to behead Climb and send the head along with a bouquet of flowers to Princess Renner.
Background[edit | edit source]
Ever since Princess Renner's success in outlawing slavery, Cocco Doll's slave trafficking has been in decline. This has forced his department to hide their presence deeper in the Re-Estize Kingdom's underground.
Chronology[edit | edit source]
The Men in the Kingdom Arc[edit | edit source]
Cocco Doll along with the executives of Eight Fingers meet in an undisclosed location to discuss various issues affecting the organization. He requested Zero's security services, the Six Arms, to reinforce his already declining slave trafficking division. Later as when Sebas, Climb, and Brain broke into the brothel, Cocco Doll and Succulent cross paths with one of the intruders at the secret exit of the brothel and he recognized that the intruder is Climb, the Golden Princess's personal bodyguard. He then persuades Succulent to capture him alive instead of taking his head and use him as leverage against the Golden Princess as well as his own personal pleasure.
After Succulent's defeat at the hands of Brain Unglaus, Cocco Doll was knocked out by Sebas Tian from the back. The two criminals were captured, and they were subsequently handed over to the authorities.
Later, during Eight Fingers meeting the organization heads talked about Cocco Doll capture, but did not see fit to replace him nor bail him out of jail due to other priorities.
The Paladin of the Holy Kingdom Arc[edit | edit source]
- Main article: The Paladin of the Holy Kingdom Arc
Cocco Doll is mentioned to have been still in jail due to losing his power as an executive of Eight Fingers during the demonic disturbance in the Royal Capital. The remaining members considered his current state fortunate as compared to them.
The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc[edit | edit source]
- Main article: The Witch of the Falling Kingdom Arc
When the prisoners kept captive in the capital were freed to be drafted in to the army to fight the Sorcerer Kingdom, during the chaos and confusion of those few days, Cocco Doll had been rescued and brought to a mansion owned by Eight Fingers. The head of the slave department was thankful for his colleagues in bribing the prison guards to protect him while he was incarcerated and sparing him from the draft, though he was suspicious of their generous actions. When he finally met with Hilma Cygnaeus, Prian Polson, Olin, and Noah Zweden his suspicions were confirmed as they behaved very differently to how they were in the past. He openly accused them of being monsters but the group told him that they were this way due to the hell they experienced. Clueless to what they were talking about, he soon received his answer when Shalltear Bloodfallen arrived to transport the chosen people from the Re-Estize Kingdom to a new home in the Sorcerer Kingdom. After Shalltear guided the new citizens through the [Gate], she also took Cocco Doll with her intending him to have a session with Kyouhukou. Cocco Doll pleaded to his fellow Executives to save him, but the group sadly apologized and watched him be dragged through the portal.
|NOTICE: The following section and subsequent subsections are considered NON-CANON to the Overlord Light Novels.|
Mass for the Dead Arc[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Mass for the Dead Arc
Cocco Doll was one of the remaining members of the Executive Council that remained in what was left of Eight Fingers. The syndicate was stripped out its power by the backing nobles looking to liquidate their assets to aid in a national crisis of the Catastrophe, the other Executives had either been arrested or retired. With him and Zero only left, both formally declared Eight Fingers to be over at the last committee meeting. After leaving he mentioned that he would probably be working at a brothel. It was later revealed that Cocco Doll had relocated to E-Rantel, operating as the new boss of the Black Market. He operated a inn that was actually a brothel which was managed by Isabella. He ironically was an unknowing pawn by his partner Isabella as she was really a demon that used the brothel to sate her lust for blood killing its employees. However his downfall came when his business attracted the attention of Sebas Tian and Saint Clementine. In addition Hilma ratted him out on his criminal activities and whereabouts leading the authorities to come him after.
Abilities and Powers[edit | edit source]
As one of the top executives of Eight Fingers, Cocco Doll has full authority to do as he pleases in the organization relating to slave trafficking.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Zero[edit | edit source]
Cocco Doll and Zero are both members of Eight Fingers syndicate thus their relationship is strictly work-related. Cocco hired Zero in order to make sure his slave trade isn't exposed. When Zero learned that Cocco Doll was arrested he thought he should apologize to him for what happened as this would harm the reputation of Six Arms.
Succulent was the one sent from Six Arms to guard Cocco Doll. However, due to the situation, he did not always follow Cocco Doll's orders.
Climb[edit | edit source]
Cocco Doll thought of violating Climb before cutting his head off and sending it to Renner as a twisted gift.
Cocco Doll seems to have some prior history with the prostitute as she referred him by his first name, calling themselves 'partners'. However after he returned to the fold of Eight Fingers, he was suspicious of her and the others' generosity in getting him out of prison. His suspicions were confirmed when he saw how much she and the other Executives' personalities had changed. Cocco Doll would later understand that the others served new masters after he was taken to Nazarick.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ironically due to the remaining Executives not seeing it wise to bail him out of jail due to other priorities, he was spared from being turned into a servant to Nazarick, a fact the others acknowledged.
- Cocco Doll was only freed by the Executive Council not out of charity but also to avoid endangering themselves with the Sorcerer Kingdom if they hid his existence.
- He bears a strong physical and mental resemblance to the character Yoshitake Yoshiro from the manga Kengan Ashura.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- (To Succulent): "Then at the very least, let's take his head. I'm going to send it to that bitch with some flowers."
- (To Eight Fingers): "—say. Do I still have to wait around here? We've wasted enough time, the Sorcerer King...His Majesty. I get it I get it. No need to look at me like that with those scary eyes."
- (To Eight Fingers): "I mean, I have been thanking you all constantly, thanking you for bribing the guards so they wouldn’t treat me so harshly in prison, and thanking you for saving me from the draft — to have saved poor, old me."
- (To Eight Fingers): "To go out of your way to save someone who has lost all of his power, connections, and lackeys, isn’t that a bit too suspicious? What is your goal? Why have you gathered everybody related to the Eight Fingers here? Are you planning to kill me?"
- (To Eight Fingers): "You, what is your goal!? Ah, I get it, you are all monsters wearing their skins! That's why every other word out of your mouths is praise for the Sorcerer King!"
- (To Eight Fingers): "I thought that something was off from the start! The fact that you guys went on a diet at the same time was suspicious enough. Even if I concede that point, Hilma's figure is so inelegant! She's too skinny to be healthy. This could all be explained if you guys were just monsters wearing their skins!"
- (To Hilma): "No, no, nothing...nothing at all...I'm being serious, I am unsarcastically asking you. Are you really Hilma? Hilma Cygnaeus? Not a twin sister or something like that? Were you brainwashed?"
- (To Hilma and his colleagues): "...Of course, it's like you’re a completely different person. No, that applies to you all. Did monsters truly steal your skins?"
- (To Eight Fingers): "Wa-Wait, Wait! No! Why are you guys reacting like this!? Save me!"
References[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]